Photo

Pacific FC | Canadian Premier League

• Please log in to reply
640 replies to this topic

#21 m3m

m3m
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

Isn't that roughly equivalent to the royals? I cant see a Victoria Soccer team being as or more popular than the Royals

Average Royals Attendance:  http://www.hockeydb.....php?tmi=10729 

7,000 average is pretty optimistic.  It's outdoors. 

#22 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,171 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

Kind of hard for the royals to get 7k when the stadium doesn't seat that many

#23 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

Kind of hard for the royals to get 7k when the stadium doesn't seat that many

It seats almost exactly 7,000. 7,005 or something like that.

#24 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,676 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

7,400 according to the Google search "save on food memorial area capacity".
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#25 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,171 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

It's 7006 for hockey, as per wikipedia. Okay, so that means its technically possible to get 7000 average attendance but that means a sellout every single game. This isn't an original 6 NHL team!

It ain't gonna happen for a soccer team here, even if there were a 10000 seat roofed stadium.

I suspect we'll fall in around 3 or 4k average. Ottawa has a tier 2 team that gets 5500 average - weather affects that somewhat, but its also a much bigger city. CPL is supposed to be tier 1, but if anything thinks it will be the same caliber as MLS, think again.

Edited by lanforod, 30 May 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#26 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:10 PM

Dont forget that Whitecaps don't even sell out every game (22k). I think an average attendance of 2,000 would be really good.

#27 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

Dont forget that Whitecaps don't even sell out every game (22k). I think an average attendance of 2,000 would be really good.

Whitecaps average attendance in 2017 was 97% of capacity. I believe that last year they opened up additional seats in the upper bowl for some of the Cascadia Cup games, due to the popularity of those games and the large number of Seattle and Portland fans who make the trip.

#28 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,171 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

The only reason it's 97% is because they don't actually use the capacity of the stadium. It's closer to 45% in real terms. I really think they would be well off expanding to upper bowl somehow, if not all of it, and lowering ticket prices a little.

Edited by lanforod, 31 May 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#29 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

Daily Hive in Vancouver published a conceptual rendering of the upgraded Westhills stadium (ignore references to Langdale in the article...) http://dailyhive.com...gdale-expansion

westhills-stadium-langdale-victoria-1.jp

• Mike K. likes this

#30 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

Not sure how dramatic Stew is being, but apparently this whole thing hinges on BC Hydro moving a pole so that Westhills can be expanded by 300 seats... http://www.iheartrad...-pole-1.3834928

That's not an accurate depiction of the power pole.  I went by there the other day and it's the main overhead transmission line that is right behind the field, and it is two poles, it would take a lot of time effort and money to get it moved. I don't see it happening. There is no seating there now, it's a parking lot east of the poles.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#31 Brayvehart

Brayvehart
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:06 PM

"Pacific FC"; "starfish" purple, "lagoon" blue, and "lighthouse" white. Underwhelming name and garish colour scheme. If I hadn't alreafy moved to a different CPL market, I would beo even less enthralled with today's announcement.

http://www.timescolo...ring-1.23375155

Edited by Brayvehart, 20 July 2018 - 08:08 PM.

#32 Brayvehart

Brayvehart
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

pacific-football-club-jpg.jpg
Pacific FC crest on the left.

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:43 PM

Wow, yeah that name and logo are not what most folks would have expected.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#34 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Amused that they came all the way into almost downtown Victoria to announce a team that will play in Langford. Almost like Langford isn't the urban centre of the region...

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Oh I dunno, it’s Victoria’s team though. The City-proper just doesn’t have the facilities for the team.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#36 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

"Pacific FC"; "starfish" purple, "lagoon" blue, and "lighthouse" white. Underwhelming name and garish colour scheme. If I hadn't alreafy moved to a different CPL market, I would beo even less enthralled with today's announcement.

http://www.timescolo...ring-1.23375155

C'mon now, that's not a fair comment.  They paid my 4 1/2 year old almost $8 to come up with that logo.  She did her best.

• Brayvehart and Cats4Hire like this

#37 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

Supposedly it’s a tree...

If they can’t even get this right, what hope does the team have? Well they can keep this tacky sh#t out in Langford with the rest of bad designs. Kidding folks!! ;)

Although the Langford River Rocks has a nice ring to it.. Langford Sprawlers... Westshore Big Boxers - I can see a uniform promotional tie in with Stanfield underwear for men.
  • Lorenzo likes this

#38 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

Supposedly it’s a tree...

If they can’t even get this right, what hope does the team have? Well they can keep this tacky sh#t out in Langford with the rest of bad designs. Kidding folks!! ;)

Although the Langford River Rocks has a nice ring to it.. Langford Sprawlers... Westshore Big Boxers - I can see a uniform promotional tie in with Stanfield underwear for men.

The Langford Gridlock...........

#39 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

It looks more like an obelisk than anything else.

Know it all.

#40 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:05 PM

For all the grief we're giving it, did we check out the other team names? Pacific FC is at least second best if not the best of the bunch. Lest we forget, this team could easily have been called something gagtastic like Monarchs or Crowns, etc.

As far as de-Victorianized names go it's a million times better than Capital FC or some such BS. Too bad the name is not unique.

• jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users