PROPOSED
Harris Green Village, tower 1
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 900-block of Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Harris Green Village, tower 1 is a proposal for a 25-storey mixed-use purpose-built rental tower with ground f... (view full profile)
Learn more about Harris Green Village, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Harris Green] Harris Green Village & Harris Victoria Chrysler/Dodge redevelopment | Multi-phased; mixed-use | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#401 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:13 PM

Regents Towers are in decent shape last I heard. They were built with a slightly different and technology (one resident told me it was a near miracle) so that the remediation they had a decade or so ago was relatively minor.

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#402 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

Flipping through the plans, it appears that on the level 7 roof there private patios assigned to certain units. Has this been done on other buildings? Hopefully they will be well utilised, otherwise it may have been better to have them a shared amenity with reservation system.

Also worth noting that Hapa Collaborative is the Landscape Architect, the same firm doing Peter Pollen Park.

Capture.PNG

• Nparker likes this

#403 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,720 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

510-unit-Harris-Green-Village-redev-plans-signal-boost-of-confidence-for-Victoria's-post-COVID-strategy.jpg

Harris Green Village rezoning application signals boost of confidence for Victoria's post-COVID strategy

https://victoria.cit...covid-strategy/

Mark Chemij, Starlight’s Director of Development, says the company's decision to submit an application and move forward with the project is based on the historic resiliency of the B.C. Capital, and the post-2020 fundamentals he and his team believe are in place to aid in the south Island's economic recovery. 

“The strength of Victoria from a socio-economic perspective, and the region’s many qualities that continue to elevate it among Canadian cities, has underpinned our confidence that this is a great community in which to focus our efforts,” Chemij said. 

“We’re certainly not the only community builder to feel this way, and when you take into account the multitude of factors at-play in Victoria, the long term future for this city appears to be on a positive path.”

• Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and 2F2R like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#404 Nparker

Nparker
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:06 AM

Do we imagine the project will proceed without much alteration from the current renderings or is it likely significant changes will still be made?

#405 Nparker

Nparker
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:10 AM

Ideally, I'd like to see a bit more variation in the podium at least along the Yates Street side. It's not bad, but I think it could use some tweaking to break up some of the strong horizontal feel.

• gstc84 and Brantastic like this

#406 Nparker

Nparker
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

Do we know if there is a plan to preserve the large trees (horse chestnuts I think) along Cook Street?

#407 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 56,314 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:40 AM

Regarding the trees, that's a tough one as typically these trees must come down for line of sight by the crane operators/crews.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#408 Nparker

Nparker
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:43 AM

Yeah I suspect the trees will have to go.

#409 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Do we know if there is a plan to preserve the large trees (horse chestnuts I think) along Cook Street?

Landscape Plan indicates that the 4 existing trees in the Cook Street boulevard are to be retained and protected. 4 trees in each of the Yates and View frontages are to be removed and replaced as part of the boulevard and sidewalk construction works.

• Mike K. and Kapten Kapsell like this

#410 Nparker

Nparker
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:33 PM

Landscape Plan indicates that the 4 existing trees in the Cook Street boulevard are to be retained and protected...

:thumbsup:

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#411 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:30 AM

T-C article on this development:  https://www.timescol...tial-1.24158597

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users