COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#21201 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:45 PM

He'll have to come out...  This protest will not last a couple days, they will hunker in for at least a week.  Especially if they know J.T. can come out in 5 days...  I'm not sure what they are hoping for in the end.  This will do very little to change policy.  Like most protests, not much will come out of it but more frustration.  Already the wing nuts are suggesting violence and smashing through walls with trucks.

Wing nuts abound on both "sides". Like those calling to arrest or kill or segregate those that are for choice. And those sentiments come from official leaders! I am listening to the convoy on Zello. A CB app they are using for CB coms. They are constantly re-iterating to be positive, inclusive and peaceful. Those involved are on top of the potential for agitators to disrupt the intent. If the anti-choicers are going to attempt this they will be up against a lot of documentation. There are so many live streamers, documentary film makers and pod casters on the convoy and elsewhere watching this and recording it it's going to be difficult to get away with it. Shoot the Facebook page has almost a million subscribers. 

#21202 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:48 PM

So…

If our stores don’t shut down, and you can still buy everything you need at the ol’ Country Grocer, doesn’t that sort of negate the claims that without these truckers crossing the border our supply chains will grind to a halt?

Or maybe this convoy is also delivering stuff from the Port of Vancouver ;)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#21203 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:55 PM

So…

If our stores don’t shut down, and you can still buy everything you need at the ol’ Country Grocer, doesn’t that sort of negate the claims that without these truckers crossing the border our supply chains will grind to a halt?

Or maybe this convoy is also delivering stuff from the Port of Vancouver ;)

The intent is not to disrupt supply chains. The intent is to end mandates which will improve them. You have your head in the sand if you are not aware of the supply chain disruption we are presently experiencing. well before these trucker mandates..... 

#21204 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:26 PM

The intent is not to disrupt supply chains. The intent is to end mandates which will improve them. You have your head in the sand if you are not aware of the supply chain disruption we are presently experiencing. well before these trucker mandates..... 

There are many factors for the supply chain issues...  As you said well before trucker mandates...  You have your head in the sand if you think this protest will improve supply chain issues, how many trucks now are not being utilized to support supply chains that are now involved in a protest that likely won't help but certainly exacerbate the supply chain...  While it might not be the intent to hurt the supply chain, it certainly is.   

I love the anti-choice quip, to my knowledge everyone has made a choice so I'm not sure about this one will stick.  Anti-pandemickers or maybe anti-stayhomers.... 

PS - I wish we could get an accurate count of this thing.  Guessing trucks are along for some of the ride and bow out at different stages.  Sounds like many more regular cars and trucks are joining too...  Traffic must be a joy...

Edited by Ismo07, 27 January 2022 - 02:37 PM.

#21205 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:39 PM

That's what this about my friend. The choice is not over. There are still mandates, There are many more shots to push and other opinions to be made compliant to... 

I have a direct question for you. 

Are you for choice or an anti-choicer? 

• TFord likes this

#21206 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:49 PM

PS - I wish we could get an accurate count of this thing.  Guessing trucks are along for some of the ride and bow out at different stages.  Sounds like many more regular cars and trucks are joining too...  Traffic must be a joy...

Why wait for a propagandistic lens to show you?

This is why I like live feeds.... Save the link and you can follow along as it grows.... There are apparently 3 convoys converging. 

https://youtu.be/7CNQ50zCRo4

#21207 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:55 PM

The crowdfunding platform GoFundMe says it has released an initial $1 million of the $6.2 million collected for a convoy of truckers and their supporters now heading to Parliament Hill to protest vaccine mandates.

The fundraising page was launched earlier this month by Tamara Lich to take donations to cover the convoy's fuel, food and lodging expenses.

Earlier this week, GoFundMe said it was holding back the funds until it received more details about the group and its financial management.

A spokesperson for GoFundMe, speaking on background, said Thursday that the organizer has provided a distribution plan and the withdrawn funds are being used to cover participants' fuel costs.

GoFundMe said it's working with the organizers to release of the rest of the money once participants have been reimbursed for their expenses.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...onvoy-1.6328029

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 January 2022 - 02:55 PM.

• dasmo likes this

#21208 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:56 PM

That's what this about my friend. The choice is not over. There are still mandates, There are many more shots to push and other opinions to be made compliant to... 

I have a direct question for you. 

Are you for choice or an anti-choicer? 

I've been for choice this whole time.   The scary thing here is that these men and women, many will have come a long way.  I get the sense that many think this will make some changes.  There will be a lot of frustration and the wingnuts (I doubt you will see anti-choice wingnuts there) will take that frustration and the mob mentality and we will likely see some heated exchanges that potentially will escalate.  There is little good that will come out of this protest.  Honestly this is a bad choice being made...  There will be mandates until they are removed, mandates are not typically the choice of the few. I will tell you this, while it's very interesting, this does not make me proud as a Canadian, but quite worried.  I really hope cooler heads prevail and things remain calm.

I have a direct question for you.  When has a protest been very effective?  What would be your best guess about what happens this weekend/Monday morning?

• Matt R. likes this

#21209 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:07 PM

Why wait for a propagandistic lens to show you?

This is why I like live feeds.... Save the link and you can follow along as it grows.... There are apparently 3 convoys converging. 

https://youtu.be/7CNQ50zCRo4

I'm not interested in counting trucks on a live feed lol...  Maybe counting train cars on a long one is fun but no...  I realize it's big and live feeds are showing what it's like in that spot at that time.  I wish we could get real counts...  Not sure what you mean by a propagandist lens, I'm trying to avoid those.  The organizers are claiming 70 km, one said as the convoy got to Ontario the tail was just entering Manitoba...  That's like 500 km.  A reporter from Sudbury then stated that about 113 trucks another another 256 personal vehicles were going to leave Thunder Bay....  It's tough to discern.   I'm certain there will never be a number I will fully trust but I wish there was just out of curiosity.

#21210 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:07 PM

https://twitter.com/...sk/with_replies

GB News just named Trudeau the Union Jackass for the day.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 January 2022 - 03:10 PM.

#21211 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:09 PM

I've been for choice this whole time.   The scary thing here is that these men and women, many will have come a long way.  I get the sense that many think this will make some changes.  There will be a lot of frustration and the wingnuts (I doubt you will see anti-choice wingnuts there) will take that frustration and the mob mentality and we will likely see some heated exchanges that potentially will escalate.  There is little good that will come out of this protest.  Honestly this is a bad choice being made...  There will be mandates until they are removed, mandates are not typically the choice of the few. I will tell you this, while it's very interesting, this does not make me proud as a Canadian, but quite worried.  I really hope cooler heads prevail and things remain calm.

I have a direct question for you.  When has a protest been very effective?  What would be your best guess about what happens this weekend/Monday morning?

You didn't answer my question.

I'll answer yours. https://en.wikipedia...lvet_Revolution

#21212 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:13 PM

You didn't answer my question.

I'll answer yours. https://en.wikipedia...lvet_Revolution

I'm guessing you don't read anymore or even answer in your own words...  Too bad..  Lol you think there is going to be a revolution peacefully...  I'm not asking you anymore questions...

#21213 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:15 PM

Download the app Zello and look for the channel " Convoy to Ottawa" That's where people are thanking them and general chatter in the convoy happens. you can see how cool their heads are.

#21214 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:17 PM

I'm guessing you don't read anymore or even answer in your own words...  Too bad..  Lol you think there is going to be a revolution peacefully...  I'm not asking you anymore questions...

Ok, the velvet revolution....  my own words. 

You still didn't answer my question. 

I'm ok without yours... 

#21215 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:19 PM

Download the app Zello and look for the channel " Convoy to Ottawa" That's where people are thanking them and general chatter in the convoy happens. you can see how cool their heads are.

Yes those are specific people and where their heads are right now.  Those people honestly think they will be making some change.  Things change after a few days of being there, getting frustrated and a growing mob mentality.  You must know when a mob is resisted, things change.  I'm sure these are 95% great, hardworking folks...  It doesn't take much to light the fuse however.

#21216 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:20 PM

Ok, the velvet revolution....  my own words. 

You still didn't answer my question. 

I'm ok without yours... 

My first 5 words answered your question...  And actually you've asked me in the past and it was answered...  Your answer makes little sense to be honest.  You really think something will change from this?  There will be a transition of power on Monday?  OMG...

Edited by Ismo07, 27 January 2022 - 03:23 PM.

#21217 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:25 PM

My first 5 words answered your question...  And actually you've asked me in the past and it was answered...  Your answer makes little sense to be honest.  You really think something will change from this?  There will be a transition of power on Monday?  OMG...

So you are for choice? 

You are confusing sometimes. You didn't ask me that. You asked me "When has a protest been very effective?" I gave you a short clear answer. (unlike yours) 

#21218 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:26 PM

haha. Sorry! I read "it's been about choice the whole time" not "I've been".  

#21219 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:27 PM

You make more sense now  :cheers:

#21220 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 03:27 PM

Glad you are on my side! 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users