42nd British Columbia Provincial Election and term | October 2020 - 2024

• Please log in to reply
1986 replies to this topic

#1701 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 05:55 AM

Those all read like threats…. Funny how they don’t mention the last three years as having anything to do with the pendulum swing. I think I will get my AI droid to transcribe that video for the record. Terrifying.

#1702 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:37 AM

You can always count on CBC
to keep it classy and politically neutral. 🙄

#1703 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:46 AM

If the NDP won the exact same way the headlines would read “LANDSLIDE”. This is the problem. The CBC should be neutral.
  • Nparker likes this

#1704 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:50 AM

The CBC should be defunded.
  • dasmo, lanforod and Wayne like this

#1705 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:22 AM

This is why the NDP lost in Alberta....

5o5pM7T.jpeg

NDP calls for door to door vaccination campaign

Rachel Notley - 2022

To get more Albertans vaccinated our caucus is proposing basically three actions.
First the government should continue to closely examine the AHS data on who it is that isn't getting vaccinated and where they live and this should be done alongside detailed polling detailed focus group work to understand exactly why the folks in that group of unvaccinated folks still haven't gotten their shots yet.

Our second call is for a grant program for community groups who can partner with ahs and bring a trusted local voice into these conversations Mary Chu and others have had incredibly great success with this model here in northeast Calgary. now last year the government spent 14.8 million dollars on vaccine promotion and communications but so far this year they appear to have only spent about five and a half million what we're proposing is that that budget essentially be tripled to approximately 45 million dollars and this will help fund our third and perhaps most critical call…

…and that's for the government to use the research and the community partnerships to overcome barriers on a case-by-case basis and then literally commence going door-to-door having conversations and offering Alberta vaccines right there on people's doorsteps.

There's something to be said for finding out what's on the minds of that last uh 28% of eligible Albertans who are not getting a vaccine because I absolutely believe that it's not uniform and the iconic, uh, picture that we have of someone who hasn't gotten their vaccine being someone that you know is more likely to be in the media right now. I don't think is an accurate reflection of the majority of folks who have not yet gotten their vaccine and so it's incumbent on us to be highly sophisticated in how we uh figure out what's driving the decisions of that group of people and then how best to meet them where they are um to talk them into to making that choice. the fact is and I’m not going to sugarcoat it. this work will be difficult it will be inefficient and it will cost money but the price of not doing this work both in money as well as in human Suffering is far higher.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZWR2SHQAM0A

#1706 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:25 AM

What the? Is that an NDP image?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1707 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:27 AM

What the? Is that an NDP image?

That's what Rachel Notely looks like morphed with Voldemort. 

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

#1708 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:27 AM

But that is her speech word for word. Video is linked. 

#1709 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:29 AM

I am balancing the CBC image/headline technique.... 

#1710 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:30 AM

5DlthGX.jpeg

#1711 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:30 AM

Not too far off.

#1712 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 09:46 AM

Just the fact that she wanted to spend $45,000,000 of Albertan’s own money to learn the concept of - none of your f—king business - is insane let alone the historical overtones to her ideas here….
  • Nparker likes this

#1713 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 09:53 AM

They made some good gains this time around.

It looks like both Calgary and Edmonton have gone NDP. People flock to Alberta for economic prosperity, then vote to push the sorts of social constructs that saw them leave their former homes for Alberta.

The same thing is happening in Texas. People flocking out of states with social and economic issues, then they vote in the same caliber of politician that delivered the problems they are running from.
  • Wayne likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1714 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 09:54 AM

I thought this one was a bit too much.... 5MXrLEs.jpeg

• Matt R. likes this

#1715 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 08:15 AM

“B.C. Premier David Dby is now on the tail end of a trade mission to Asia”: https://globalnews.c...de-mission/amp/

#1716 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 08:30 AM

By Zoom presumably, if he truly believes in the "climate emergency ".

#1717 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 08:53 AM

OMG it’s an emergency!

#1718 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 07:37 AM

The by-election began over the weekend for Langford-Juan de Fuca. Early voting continues daily through Wednesday. General voting day is June 24th.

Candidates:

Camille Currie - BC Green Party
Mike Harris - BC Conservative Party
Elena Lawson - BC United Party (formerly BC Liberal Party)
Ravi Parmar - BC NDP
Tyson Strandlund - BC Communist Party

Know it all.

#1719 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 436 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 19 June 2023 - 08:20 AM

I'm completely at a loss as to how to vote in this by-election. I'm not a leftie, but I traditionally supported the NDP in my riding basically because of, and only because of John Horgan. I feel like a ship without a rudder now. 

NDP.  They have lost me with unelected Premier Eby's overreach on the housing file, trampling existing property owners rights under the guise of "affordable housing" through mandatory upzoning.

BC United. You can't rebrand a party and claim to be something new when your leader and a good portion of your party still retains the stench of the previous Campbell / Clark era.

BC Conservative. I hoped for better. I don't need a Provincial MLA rattling on about protecting my "freedom." From what? Leave that to the Feds.

BC Green. Single issue candidate. No chance of ever forming Gov't in my lifetime. One more weak voice in opposition changes nothing.

All are spouting the same boring rhetoric about solving the health care crisis, affordable housing, climate change, bla, bla, bla. Give me examples of what you will do and I may listen.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1720 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 08:24 AM

The NDP have proven themselves unfit to govern. I'd be willing to give almost any other party a chance.

• Wayne likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users