City of Langford politics

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 70,199 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 04:01 AM

Remember this started because someone was concerned about the speed of development in Langford and you didn't like her complaint. Why can't she complain but it's ok that you do.

She can complain all day long, but it’s not productive use of one’s time, maybe.

If you live in or move to a city, is it fair to decide others shouldn’t move there, like you did? That others have less right to be there than you do?

Like I’ve been saying, for all this tolerance and progressivism and the understood need for more housing, we sure hate the one place rushing to build it as fast as they can to provide the housing people need. We also hate that place for building roads and trying to improve infrastructure, and critique everything about it. And yes, we should be expanding highways or building more routes, or both. Greater Victoria is not done yet and never will be.

Meanwhile in the City of Victoria you have a new council candidate who moved here, and has decided people moving here change Victoria, so he wants to stop something about that. I don’t understand it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#142 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 08:47 AM

The rail goes right into the middle of the West Hills..... 

#143 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 08:51 AM

Road-Rail+Bus+02.jpg

• Matt R. likes this

#144 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:12 AM

She can complain all day long, but it’s not productive use of one’s time, maybe.

If you live in or move to a city, is it fair to decide others shouldn’t move there, like you did? That others have less right to be there than you do?

Like I’ve been saying, for all this tolerance and progressivism and the understood need for more housing, we sure hate the one place rushing to build it as fast as they can to provide the housing people need. We also hate that place for building roads and trying to improve infrastructure, and critique everything about it. And yes, we should be expanding highways or building more routes, or both. Greater Victoria is not done yet and never will be.

Meanwhile in the City of Victoria you have a new council candidate who moved here, and has decided people moving here change Victoria, so he wants to stop something about that. I don’t understand it.

What are you talking about, I never decided people shouldn't move places or that others have less rights..  Why do you talk in these riddles...  All I'm saying is do some research when you move.  Just don't expect the world to change because you did.  Let's go back to the people that moved to Songhees and wanted Harbour Air to shut down or those that hate there is a marina there now.    Both of those were existing (well the Marina plan was always there).  Or the folks that move into a condo where the parking is an extra cost so they think they should be able to store their vehicle on the street cause they pay taxes...  Look into something before you buy.  If you want to create the change then fine but don't whine that it's not fair.  

You say we should build bigger roads...  That doesn't make it that we should...Greater Victoria is finite...  Sorry you had to hear that... We aren't there yet but there is a limit.

#145 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 70,199 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:38 AM

There are no limits if smart people put their minds together.
  • dasmo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#146 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:13 PM

It’s good to be famous for something. It’s good to see Langford is on the map!
https://www.urbandic...Langford Tuxedo
  • Nparker, Love the rock and JohnsonStBridge like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users