Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:16 AM

Was the above photo taken on Halloween?

#1622 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 711 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:18 AM

Have you ever been to a drag show. They are basically just clowns. And just like clowns they can be sexy or not depending on the audience. The one difference that I can think of is that I haven't met anyone who has a phobia of drag performers in the same way that so many people have other phobia of clowns.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#1623 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:24 AM

Drag performances are the LGBTQ2+ equivalent of Amos 'n Andy.

#1624 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:10 PM

I have friends who do burlesque. I have been to drag shows. They are men acting like clowns of women strippers. My friends, who are women, actually say they “get their drag face on”. Not for children in general but a lot isn’t I suppose.

This is a master move by the Davos crowd. I noticed that the right gets shown lap dances for kids and children acting like strippers while the left gets show Mrs Doubtfire reading wholesome stories. Then the right side gets up in arms about sexualizing children and normalizing kink to them. The left is then told the right thinks gay people should die and that’s what they are angry about. Then when some people go and protest against the sexualizing of children the left comes out against them in a violent rage because they believe the right wants to genocide them.

Pride was a good thing. It was a movement to allow people to live as they are in the open. Without discrimination. Without fear.

This is not that anymore and what I see happening is it is creating more hatred towards queer in general. It’s having the opposite effect.
  • Nparker and LJ like this

#1625 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:24 PM

If you've seen one drag show, you've seen them all. It's a kind of schtick that gets old really fast.

Edited by Nparker, 05 April 2023 - 12:24 PM.

• dasmo likes this

#1626 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:28 PM

It also furthers the escalation of violence among us plebes in general as it starts to paint the left as pedophiles trying to groom your children and the right as NAZIS trying to genocide a class of people. Both ideas generate strong emotions. This duality prevents the other side from even listening to the other side. We see this playing out right now.
  • Nparker likes this

#1627 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:29 PM

If you've seen one drag show, you've seen them all. It's a kind of schtick that gets old really fast.

Maybe that’s why they want to do it for kids. What an ad campaign!

#1628 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:30 PM

...This duality prevents the one side from even listening to the other side. We see this playing out right now.

Which, as you've noted, is exactly what the Davos crowd wants.

• dasmo likes this

#1629 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:36 PM

Which, as you've noted, is exactly what the Davos crowd wants.

Completely. It’s important to be aware of that. So you can fight the effect off. To not accept the crap but somehow not succumb to hate. This is the trap. You see it, the other doesn’t. Not only that, they hate you because of what they see. So you are supposed to hate them back.
This particular subject is the most difficult playground of the culture war yet.
  • Nparker likes this

#1630 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 04:57 PM

Matt Walsh cancels Canada (again).

VIDEO:  https://youtu.be/iRwklkCItls?t=3386

#1631 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 09:46 AM

Am I really the best the Liberals can do?' Inside the thoughts of the federal grocery rebate

Dear Diary: 'If you want a government whose chief anti-poverty strategy is that they cover your grocery bill for a week, then I have no right to tell you otherwise'

https://nationalpost...-grocery-rebate

• Nparker likes this

#1632 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 07:53 AM

Today, being Easter, is the most important day for people of the Christian faith.

Why Singh chose to be confrontational is anyone’s guess, but there it is.

EFF7BFB9-D6D1-4E29-A56F-2062E48C3AF1.jpeg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1633 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:16 AM

What’s confrontational?
  • Brayvehart likes this

#1634 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:26 AM

Saying "long weekend" instead of Easter weekend.

And he's being thoroughly ratioed for it.

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.04.09-13_27_10.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 April 2023 - 09:27 AM.

#1635 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:53 AM

Lol. I hope he can keep religion out of politics, that would be grand. Clown world, Jesus edition.
  • Stephen James likes this

#1636 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 10:16 AM

As long as Mr. Singh wears a turban in parliament, he is choosing to keep religion in politics. To be fair though, this is the very least of his transgressions against the Canadian people.

• Matt R. likes this

#1637 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 10 April 2023 - 12:25 AM

Lol. I hope he can keep religion out of politics, that would be grand. Clown world, Jesus edition.

Yeah he did this on purpose. His twitter history: he wishes happy Diwali. He wishes happy Hanukkah. He skips Easter?
  • Matt R. likes this

#1638 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 03:05 AM

Easier to just stay off Twitter.
  • FogPub likes this

#1639 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 11 April 2023 - 05:44 AM

Statement from the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation - Resignation of the Board of Directors and the President and CEO

11 APRIL 2023

Montreal, April 11, 2023 - In recent weeks, the political climate surrounding a donation received by the Foundation in 2016 has put a great deal of pressure on the Foundation’s management and volunteer Board of Directors, as well as on our staff and our community. 

The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is an independent, non-partisan scholarship organization created with broad support in the House of Commons in 2002.

The circumstances created by the politicization of the Foundation have made it impossible to continue with the status quo, and the volunteer Board of Directors has resigned, as has the President and CEO.

Three directors have agreed to remain on an interim basis so that the Foundation can continue to meet its obligations pending Board renewal, including towards its Scholars, Mentors and Fellows. 

We would like to thank Pascale Fournier for her work as President and CEO over the past five years, as well as all the members of the Board of Directors.  

https://www.trudeauf...s-and-president

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 April 2023 - 05:44 AM.

#1640 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 11 April 2023 - 05:53 AM

So they are running?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users