Photo

Beacon Hill Park

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#581 jrm

jrm
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:21 AM

I do not know at what point people will say enough is enough.

But Isitt has been popular at the polls. Which makes you really wonder about your fellow citizens...

The good thing is that one day these *&*^%$ will be old and will wish they could drive into the park.  They will reap what they sow!

#582 mbjj

mbjj
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

You don't even have to be old. All it takes is one accident or one surgery or one health issues. You could be 25 and not physically able to access these areas. Today I would have loved to have driven to the top of Beacon Hill with some hot chocolate or something and admire the view. But no. Can't be done.

• sebberry likes this

#583 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,727 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:24 PM

Many disabilities are very much invisible, too, and some may not qualify for a disabled parking pass.  Then there are those who don't feel they need one or don't want the stigma associated with one.  Its dangerous to open parks up only to drivers if they have a disabled parking pass.    

This is all very much 'inclusion by exclusion'.  

Also, with the whole social distancing thing, I've seen lots of people having tailgate parties in the back of their SUVs.  They'll all back into a circle and hide out in the back of their own cars.  Social distancing brought to you by cars.  

When cars are all electric and Ben doesn't have the oil and gas boogeyman to blame, how is he going to justify his hate for cars then?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users