19830 replies to this topic

#19701 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 15,472 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

Homeless need respite from wildfire smoke, says Victoria councillor

Councillor pushes for year-round emergency shelter access

https://www.vicnews....ria-councillor/

respite from the smoke. or the cold. or tent intruders. or goblins can be found in living like 99.8% of us do. just copy our behaviour.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 September 2020 - 04:27 PM.

#19702 Nparker

Nparker
  • 26,817 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:28 PM

Homeless need respite from wildfire smoke, says Victoria councillor...

Simple. Just go back to whatever smoke-free communities they were living in before migrating to the CoV.

• GaryRanson and pennymurphy2000 like this

#19703 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:51 PM

Hilarity on Twitter as Adam Stirling exposes the mysterious Jamaican woman who has been cyberstalking him as in fact being an alias of the assault guy who runs the Beacon Hill Park tent city.

To make it better, the fake account had just 2 followers, one of which was the official Together Victoria account.

Fun times.
  • Nparker, martini, GaryRanson and 6 others like this

#19704 TwilightZoneVictoria

TwilightZoneVictoria
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:49 PM

In the thread someone posted this. If there's a link to the same that's pretty concerning especially if they're offering anger management courses.

Police have arrested a man and will be laying charges against him after he allegedly stabbed a man so severely that the victim's arm was almost severed early Sunday morning.

https://edmonton.ctv...abbing-1.322647

#19705 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 07:56 PM

In the thread someone posted this. If there's a link to the same that's pretty concerning especially if they're offering anger management courses.

Police have arrested a man and will be laying charges against him after he allegedly stabbed a man so severely that the victim's arm was almost severed early Sunday morning.

https://edmonton.ctv...abbing-1.322647

Wow... wasn’t he under arrest here? I guess he went to Edmonton to escape, but he can’t escape himself. Sadly someone paid the price for it...
Hey, I thought the homeless didn’t move around?
  • martini likes this

#19706 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:33 PM

Wow... wasn’t he under arrest here? I guess he went to Edmonton to escape, but he can’t escape himself. Sadly someone paid the price for it...
Hey, I thought the homeless didn’t move around?

Oops... my bad... just noticed that the article was from 2008...
🙄

#19707 spanky123

spanky123
  • 14,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

In order to help speed up the rate at which people are killing themselves due to drug overdoses, the BC Government has decided that the solution is to make it easier for people to get free drugs. We know that hardcore addicts sell their free drugs to newbies and use the money to buy harder drugs.

https://www.timescol...aths-1.24203976

B.C. nurses will be able prescribe drugs to help stop overdose deaths
  • aastra, Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#19708 Klapecki

Klapecki
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:07 PM

Saw a report that the previously mentioned leaky camper was towed today with bylaw and police present. Apparently no insurance as well.

Edited by Klapecki, 16 September 2020 - 04:08 PM.

• Matt R. and pennymurphy2000 like this

#19709 Nparker

Nparker
  • 26,817 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:07 PM

Can free alcohol to prevent cirrhosis of the liver be far off?
  • A Girl is No one likes this

#19710 IPH

IPH
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:36 PM

But that means he moved here from Edmonton.  I thought the PIT survey said all homeless people are from Victoria originally :confused:

Edited by IPH, 16 September 2020 - 07:36 PM.

• Nparker, Love the rock, A Girl is No one and 1 other like this

#19711 aastra

aastra
  • 16,339 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:43 AM

In order to help speed up the rate at which people are killing themselves due to drug overdoses, the BC Government has decided that the solution is to make it easier for people to get free drugs. We know that hardcore addicts sell their free drugs to newbies and use the money to buy harder drugs.

https://www.timescol...aths-1.24203976

B.C. nurses will be able prescribe drugs to help stop overdose deaths

Millions of people all over the world still aren't medicating regularly. Governments and big corporations are in full agreement that it's a major issue.

#19712 JimV

JimV
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:42 PM

He was more stabby then.  He’s changed his life around.

#19713 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:05 PM

986 pages, 19,713 posts in this thread. I’ve heard rumours that when it reaches 1,000 pages VV shuts down in a Y2K type of collapse - but for real. We need to hurry and solve homelessness to avert this tragedy - quick, we have less than 14 pages to go!

#19714 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

Cook street village is getting to know it’s new neighbours...
Man threatened while walking his dog...

https://vancouverisl...-park-1.5108398

Notice the mention of a man who was placed at the Howard Johnson and who left because it was too out of control. I wonder where he is now... in a tent in BHP perhaps?

I really wonder how many of the hotel rooms we are paying for are actually utilized. Is there a way to FOI this?

Sorry Zoomer.. just adding to the long list...

Edited by A Girl is No one, 17 September 2020 - 07:23 PM.

#19715 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 57,986 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

986 pages, 19,713 posts in this thread. I’ve heard rumours that when it reaches 1,000 pages VV shuts down in a Y2K type of collapse - but for real. We need to hurry and solve homelessness to avert this tragedy - quick, we have less than 14 pages to go!

I made the limit 3,000 pages before we have to solve it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#19716 spanky123

spanky123
  • 14,242 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

Cook street village is getting to know it’s new neighbours...
Man threatened while walking his dog...

https://vancouverisl...-park-1.5108398

Notice the mention of a man who was placed at the Howard Johnson and who left because it was too out of control. I wonder where he is now... in a tent in BHP perhaps?

I really wonder how many of the hotel rooms we are paying for are actually utilized. Is there a way to FOI this?

Sorry Zoomer.. just adding to the long list...

The operators are private companies and NPOs and will not respond to any requests and are not covered by FOI.

• martini likes this

#19717 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:46 PM

The operators are private companies and NPOs and will not respond to any requests and are not covered by FOI.

WoW... considering that they operate mainly from government funds, this is quite a loophole...I think this is likely a big source of the problem...
  • martini and Teardrop like this

#19718 martini

martini
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:47 PM

Hilarity on Twitter as Adam Stirling exposes the mysterious Jamaican woman who has been cyberstalking him as in fact being an alias of the assault guy who runs the Beacon Hill Park tent city.

To make it better, the fake account had just 2 followers, one of which was the official Together Victoria account.

Fun times.

Clearly I'm a little slow getting out of the gate here. I wasn't tapping in to what this was all about. Holy hell! How freaking bizarre!

So Shea Smith posed as a black woman on Twitter to stalk Sterling. As if that wasn't messed up enough...this dude has like 3 pages/50 entries on the CSO. 

Not just Together Victoria following the troll, but also the documentary maker? Krista Loughton? 

The account has gone poof. 

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto. 

Edited by martini, 17 September 2020 - 08:32 PM.

#19719 martini

martini
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:53 PM

Good question. Or what the criteria was in designating them. . 

I had spoken to someone awhile back who said a family member of theirs has a 

room at one of the hotels, but spends weeks still at BHP. Doesn't use the room

#19720 Nparker

Nparker
  • 26,817 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:56 PM

...I had spoken to someone awhile back who said a family member of theirs has a room at one of the hotels, but spends weeks still at BHP. Doesn't use the room...

The alleged management of the recently acquired housing units would be laughable if it wasn't my tax dollars funding it.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

tommy, Klapecki