BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#1621 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 05:42 AM

The Dockside Metro station looks awesome!

Attached Images

• post-1484-0-59340100-1690349125.jpg

• Mike K., aastra, Nparker and 4 others like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#1622 Biro

Biro
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 06:34 AM

Looks great. Is that a water feature behind the stairwell? The catenary style halo’s are v-nice.

#1623 Todd_Doyle

Todd_Doyle
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 03:28 PM

The Dockside Metro station looks awesome!

I am going to be calling these stairs the Dockside Metro Station from here on in.

This photo taken by my brother-in-law last night. Will be in Victoria next week awaiting move-in date.

Attached Images

• IMG_3990.jpeg

• Mike K., aastra, Nparker and 3 others like this

#1624 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 03:35 PM

Yeah! That looks great.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1625 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:57 PM

Can anyone confirm, whether both the condo towers have completed, or if only one has completed and occupancy will be at a different date for the second? I think the rental is still u/c, no?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1626 boomboombarrie

boomboombarrie
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:38 AM

Can anyone confirm, whether both the condo towers have completed, or if only one has completed and occupancy will be at a different date for the second? I think the rental is still u/c, no?

First tower occupancy early September and Second tower occupancy late September/early October. Tower 3 is looking like it will not be open for rentals until early 2024. 

• Nparker and Biro like this

#1627 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 12:35 PM

Ten-4!

And just so we’re all on the same page, which of the three towers is the rental?

Know it all.

#1628 boomboombarrie

boomboombarrie
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 12:49 PM

The tallest one is rentals. It is also a different design from the other two towers (greenish paneling on the outside) and is the closest one to Esquimalt Rd. 

#1629 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 01:23 PM

Got it, thank you. I thought that was the case but then second guessed myself because of the taller height.
  • boomboombarrie likes this

Know it all.

#1630 boomboombarrie

boomboombarrie
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 09:01 AM

FYI - I am in Tower 2 and was given a possession date of Sept 22. So it looks like the moves are beginning!

• Mike K., Nparker, dkuitu and 1 other like this

#1631 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,087 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:17 AM

Victoria city council has approved a development permit for nearly 300 units of housing in two new towers at Dockside Green.

Council was unanimous in moving the two residential towers forward for the corner of Tyee and Esquimalt roads, though some councillors bemoaned the lack of commercial space in the plans.

“I do think that there was a big missed opportunity here for mixed-use,” said Coun. Jeremy Caradonna, noting the master development agreement signed for the Dockside Green project did not require much commercial space.

“My concern is, and probably will remain for a while, that we are building a condo dead zone in Vic West, where there’s a lot of people living there, but it still feels like a ghost town.”

Caradonna said he understands future phases of the Dockside neighbourhood will contain more commercial space, which he said would better connect the project to downtown.

Coun. Matt Dell echoed the concerns, noting there’s going to be a lot of people living in the area and in 20 or 30 years it will be a very dense and vibrant neighbourhood.

“And we’re going to want to have a lot of commercial, restaurants, cafés to support that,” he said.

https://www.timescol...n-light-7525386

I think more and more condo-dwellers just order up Skip.

https://www.theglobe...ure-of-transit/

On most weekend nights, the last commuter trains out of Toronto are packed with the delivery riders and their bikes, heading home to the suburbs.

This is a new kind of commuter for Ontario’s GO Transit, which has lost many of its traditional office-bound passengers since the pandemic began. Instead of welcoming the e-bike brigade, agency staff sometimes choose to hassle them by strictly enforcing the limit of two bikes per train car.

There’s no doubt that these bikes are bulky and could pose a problem if they blocked train doors. But the callous treatment of couriers is at odds with the welcome mat GO rolls out for touring cyclists, who can take the train to wine country with their bikes riding in a specially adapted car full of racks.

Beyond poor manners, the crackdown on e-bikes speaks to a larger failure of GO Transit to imagine the future of commuting. An agency that has long assumed its passengers would drive to the station should be encouraging people who arrive by bike, including by letting them bring their wheels on board. Why doesn’t every GO train include a special car equipped to carry bikes?

In response to social media reports that some riders were stranded at Toronto’s downtown station overnight after being prohibited from boarding, the agency did say it was working to provide more on-board bike options. Good news, but this shouldn’t have taken a PR black eye.

‘There are too many bikes’: A sharp rise in the number of food couriers commuting into Toronto’s core has left GO Transit struggling — and the workers scrambling

https://www.thestar....5868409bac.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 September 2023 - 09:20 AM.

#1632 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,788 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:39 AM

Have either of these councillors noticed the significant number of vacant commercial spaces in nearly every new condo/rental development built downtown in the past decade?

• aastra, DavidSchell, Barrrister and 1 other like this

#1633 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 02:25 PM

Coun. Matt Dell echoed the concerns, noting there’s going to be a lot of people living in the area and in 20 or 30 years it will be a very dense and vibrant neighbourhood.

"And we’re going to want to have a lot of commercial, restaurants, cafés to support that," he said.

300 units equates to what? Maybe another 500 people if we're lucky? Meanwhile, all by themselves the Hudson district buildings contain just shy of 1,000 units distributed across six buildings on a mere block-and-a-half, and right downtown. And yet there are still longstanding commercial vacancies in the immediate vicinity.

Going forward I think Dockside Green and other developments should be minimizing the commercial space and restricting commercial units only to the most strategic or otherwise logical/expected spots. In the case of Vic West in particular, does it even make sense to desire (for example) another supermarket or large grocery store with Save-On foods right there?

Don't get me wrong, I like the options, the variety, and the "places of interest" that only commercial operations can provide, but as Nparker reminds us, Victorians don't seem to be able to support the spaces that already exist.

• Nparker, DavidSchell, Barrrister and 1 other like this

#1634 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,087 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 02:31 PM

Yup.

#1635 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,051 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:03 PM

The Market Garden is so well poised to take advantage here.

#1636 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 08:27 PM

Save Ons is very busy, a second grocery store would be great.

Won’t there be a large commercial component further east on Esq at Harbour?

Know it all.

#1637 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:15 PM

The Market Garden is so well poised to take advantage here.

They parachuted into the neighbourhood at the right time.

• Daveyboy likes this

#1638 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:57 PM

Yes, it’s quite the operation.
  • Daveyboy likes this

Know it all.

#1639 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 September 2023 - 04:51 AM

FYI - I am in Tower 2 and was given a possession date of Sept 22. So it looks like the moves are beginning!

Getting my keys October 4th, tower 2 as well.

• Nparker and downtownlurker like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1640 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 September 2023 - 04:54 AM

300 units equates to what? Maybe another 500 people if we're lucky? Meanwhile, all by themselves the Hudson district buildings contain just shy of 1,000 units distributed across six buildings on a mere block-and-a-half, and right downtown. And yet there are still longstanding commercial vacancies in the immediate vicinity.

In Zagreb, Croatia where I have a condo whenever a few hundred units go up somewhere a small grocery store (maybe size of Red Barn but not fancy or expensive) opens up in the neighborhood. Here people seem to like a huge stores and Costco. Different culture. 

I do wish we had more commercial in Vic West (where I live), but the vacant spaces don't lie. No appetite for it. 

• aastra, Nparker and DavidSchell like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users