• Please log in to reply
3054 replies to this topic

#1741 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:08 AM

I watched an interview with Frampton a month or so ago where he stated that he has Inclusion-Body Myositis, and won't even be able to play in a few years ... so this tour will definitely be his last. 

In my world of the late 70's and very early 80's, the biggest album out there by far was Frampton Comes Alive.

#1742 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:27 AM

Saw him last year, I think, with Steve Miller. The Steve Miller Band was on my bucket list, for sure.

• rmpeers likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1743 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:35 AM

Steve Miler has always been one of the smartest guys in all of rock'n'roll.

If you ever get a chance to watch video (Youtube or otherwise) featuring Miller speaking about the music business in general ... don't pass it up.

He's a bold, very blunt, and completely honest guy.

#1744 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:38 AM

Also the godson of guitar legend Les Paul (aka Les Paul guitars), who gave him lessons. He spoke about that during his show.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1745 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

Got to see Peter Frampton play with Soundgarden in January. That was unexpected.

Matt.

#1746 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

I give Corey Hart mad props for what he did 20 years ago.

He walked away from selling out arenas like B.C. Place with huge hits like "Never Surrender" and "Sunglasses at Night" ... all to raise his four children as a full time dad.

Now that his oldest kid is over 20, and the youngest kid is old enough to join the old man for a few gigs while he's out on tour ... Hart is stepping back into the touring/recording business.

He actually had some great songs, all of them featuring exceptional production - and most of them still standing up quite well today, all of 20 years later.

16 million fans is a lot of fans. They don't usually forsake a favourite artist with a life great story.

He'll do very well.

THIS ^^^^^

Let me preface this post by saying as a Brit, I know very little of Corey Hart, the only song of his I know is/was Sunglasses on.

So Friday night visiting friends in Toronto they take us to see Corey Hart. Flock of Seagulls were first on followed by Glass Tiger. Both were OK.

Corey hart did a 2 hour show that was very good, full of surprises ( I wont spoil things for anyone attending) a varied set with new old and "other " music thrown in. He bonded very well with the crowd and the crowd ADORED him !

For those of you attending the Victoria concert you'll have a great night.  If you're on the fence about seeing him, go , you'll be pleasantly surprised.

#1747 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

...says the hungry man from Cheltenham.

Know it all.

#1748 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

...says the hungry man from Cheltenham.   Sheffield.

• Mike K. likes this

#1749 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,020 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:19 PM

THIS ^^^^^

Let me preface this post by saying as a Brit, I know very little of Corey Hart, the only song of his I know is/was Sunglasses on.

So Friday night visiting friends in Toronto they take us to see Corey Hart. Flock of Seagulls were first on followed by Glass Tiger. Both were OK.

Corey hart did a 2 hour show that was very good, full of surprises ( I wont spoil things for anyone attending) a varied set with new old and "other " music thrown in. He bonded very well with the crowd and the crowd ADORED him !

For those of you attending the Victoria concert you'll have a great night.  If you're on the fence about seeing him, go , you'll be pleasantly surprised.

18-song set-list for those that are curious:

https://www.setlist....a-539137c5.html

#1750 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:38 PM

Are all but one covers?

Know it all.

#1751 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,020 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:41 PM

4 covers.

(The Beatles cover)

(Elvis Presley cover)

(Moon Martin cover)

Viva la Vida

(Coldplay cover)

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 June 2019 - 06:44 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#1752 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Alejandro Escovedo, June 22, Upstairs Cabaret, with a full band. This would be an excellent show to see! Might see if I can fit it in...

Matt.
  • Wayne likes this

#1753 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

4 covers.

Let It Be
(The Beatles cover)

Can't Help Falling in Love
(Elvis Presley cover)

Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)
(Moon Martin cover)

Viva la Vida
(Coldplay cover)

Lest we forget, Corey did score a hit with that Elvis song back in his heyday.

#1754 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:15 PM

Alejandro Escovedo, June 22, Upstairs Cabaret, with a full band. This would be an excellent show to see! Might see if I can fit it in...

Matt.

I would love to see this show! He is so under rated.

• Matt R. likes this

#1755 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,020 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

Lest we forget, Corey did score a hit with that Elvis song back in his heyday.

that’s true. i might not have known it was an elvis cover at the time.
  • rmpeers likes this

#1756 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:29 AM

I would love to see this show! He is so under rated.

He’s come through a few times, but I’ve never made it happen. Won’t make it tomorrow night, either.

Broken Social Scene with Dan Mangan, the Neptune Theatre in Seattle, July 29 and 30. Won’t make that one either. :)

Matt.

#1757 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,020 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:23 AM

THIS ^^^^^

For those of you attending the Victoria concert you'll have a great night. If you're on the fence about seeing him, go , you'll be pleasantly surprised.

show is tonight with tickets still available in every price category.

#1758 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:04 AM

Or you can buy at a discount to face on usedvic.

#1759 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

Anyone attend ?

#1760 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,020 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

positive review in today's tc

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users