• Please log in to reply
8786 replies to this topic

#2141 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

Langford gets newest McDonald's Restaurant - Goldstream News Gazette

New Langford location is the very first in the region with a self-serve ordering kiosk.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2142 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:31 PM

Lacy Lou's becomes Saint Frank's barbers and booze? Can you serve food and do haircuts in the same place? I wonder what their liquor licence amendments will be. Does this qualify as patron participation?
  • Matt R. likes this

#2143 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

As long as they are sitting it should be fine.   :banana:

Matt.

#2144 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Lacy Lou's becomes Saint Frank's barbers and booze? Can you serve food and do haircuts in the same place? I wonder what their liquor licence amendments will be. Does this qualify as patron participation?

I've heard of this is larger cities like New York!

Honestly, after work a beer in a hand a quick clean up. That'd be pretty nice. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#2145 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

I have yet to come across a situation where alcohol wouldn't be a positive addition

Eric Bramble - http://www.29erradio.com
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#2146 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:57 AM

I've heard this place will serve upscale hot dogs, aka "red hots."

You can get a beer with your haircut in Australia. I can confirm that it makes the experience much more enjoyable.

• bluefox likes this

#2147 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

Since I'm just a tad hair challenged I haven't stepped foot into a barber shop in years, but don't you have to keep your head still? They better hand out straws with those Bud Lites.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2148 Jaysomethin

Jaysomethin
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

Long time reader first time poster.....

I am actually one of the partners of the soon to be open Saint Franks. My partner and I are building on own other local businesses (wheelies motorcycles and victory barbers).

The concept for Saint Franks is a full menu of in-house made gourmet hot dogs and sides, bourbon cocktail list, vintage pinball arcade and 2 chair satellite victory barber shop with a steady stream of good old fashioned rock and roll playing in the background.

We are hoping to have the space open the first week of November.... Cheers
  • Mike K., Mr_E_Squirrel, Mr Cook Street and 2 others like this

#2149 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

The Japanese Village sushi bar has closed.  The space has been replaced by an izakaya concept.

#2150 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Long time reader first time poster.....

I am actually one of the partners of the soon to be open Saint Franks. My partner and I are building on own other local businesses (wheelies motorcycles and victory barbers).

The concept for Saint Franks is a full menu of in-house made gourmet hot dogs and sides, bourbon cocktail list, vintage pinball arcade and 2 chair satellite victory barber shop with a steady stream of good old fashioned rock and roll playing in the background.

We are hoping to have the space open the first week of November.... Cheers

Welcome to VV posting!
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2151 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

Since I'm just a tad hair challenged I haven't stepped foot into a barber shop in years, but don't you have to keep your head still? They better hand out straws with those Bud Lites.

You have to wait for a break in the action! My preference is a couple fingers of whiskey when I'm getting my hair cut, which my barber's happy to oblige.

• Mike K. and thundergun like this
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#2152 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

The Japanese Village sushi bar has closed.  The space has been replaced by an izakaya concept.

Wait, what?
  • LocalMom likes this

#2153 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

Wait, what?

We went for our usual sushi dinner last night and were told by the host that the sushi bar was closed - the area now offered an izakaya menu.  If you look at their website, the sushi menu is gone.

#2154 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:06 AM

What's the difference, for us morons?

• LocalMom likes this

#2155 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

I assume it's like Japanese tapas. Japanese Village's sushi bar was the best in town. The chefs were great and fun to interact with. 

#2156 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:49 AM

Kind of like tapas or a pub: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izakaya

#2157 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

Sounds great - looking forward to stopping by (and hoping you have some vegetarian dogs/food options)!

• ouiparapluie likes this

#2158 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

You have to wait for a break in the action! My preference is a couple fingers of whiskey when I'm getting my hair cut, which my barber's happy to oblige.

I'd be interested in knowing where such places exist around these parts...

#2159 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

I assume it's like Japanese tapas. Japanese Village's sushi bar was the best in town. The chefs were great and fun to interact with. 

Agreed.  I liked that place, and the two chefs who worked there were great hosts and talented chefs.

Where should I go for sashimi now?

#2160 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

Where should I go for sashimi now?

Sen Zushi should be open in their original Fort Street location mid-November. The neighbouring cigar store has already re-opened in its original spot.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users