Photo

Victoria International Airport (YYJ)

• Please log in to reply
7641 replies to this topic

#5041 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:37 AM

I call BS. Originally reported in VICE - this "influencer" (what a joke) works for VICE. Seems like manufactured drama to cover the fact she got too inebriated to safely fly and needed an excuse to cover her ass when reporting back to her employer.

Original article: https://www.vice.com...BUsF_aim5obn7yw

• Victoria Watcher likes this

~ Jasmine ~

#5042 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,015 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

I call BS. Originally reported in VICE - this "influencer" (what a joke) works for VICE. Seems like manufactured drama to cover the fact she got too inebriated to safely fly and needed an excuse to cover her ass when reporting back to her employer.

Original article: https://www.vice.com...BUsF_aim5obn7yw

Westjet's response seems to imply that she missed her flight. 

I will wait for the results of the investigation before I pass judgement, but I would point out that a white male at a credible university in a Phd program would be expelled if it turned out that they had made racist statements. I would hope that someone making false racist statements would be treated the same way.

• Bernard likes this

#5043 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

Tonite is busiest night of the week with many charter flights in bound for YYJ.

4 flights from Mexico arrive tonite, one very late, but almost all at once between 2 737-800 and a A320 & A321

Tonite, all arriving 10mins apart from each other to flood the Canadian customs area with only 1 luggage carousel to collect passengers baggage.

Yet the VAA has expansion of the international arrivals as a 5+ year plan from now...………..

Ive been trapped in there once, its elbow to elbow room. Getting the VAA to move the moveable wall to allow use of one of the domestic luggage carousel is impossible for nights like this.

YYJ is still, and will remain merely a bus shelter w lemon aid stand. 

Edited by Missed Approach, 01 February 2020 - 07:40 PM.

• todd and Victoria Watcher like this

#5044 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

Sounds like a good night to bring in an extra bottle or six, lol.

One time that I flew in and it was busy the border guys were just checking ID and waiving you through it you had no prior issues.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5045 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

Jazz operated a rare sight into YYJ today. Dash 8-100,  37 seater..... I'm sure a one off fill in...….or sign of the times.

https://flightaware..../flight/JZA8076

• Kilo95 likes this

#5046 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Sounds like a good night to bring in an extra bottle or six, lol.
One time that I flew in and it was busy the border guys were just checking ID and waiving you through it you had no prior issues.

That’s a nice tip

#5047 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

Montreal service starting on June 15th with an A321.
  • todd and Missed Approach like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5048 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:24 PM

Montreal service starting on June 15th with an A321.

Thats shifted ahead of the normal late June start date in the past.

#5049 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

There isn't a YVR thread, is there? Big announcement coming today from Turkish Airlines. They're reportedly gearing up to offer direct service between YVR and the new Istanbul Airport (IST) starting in June. 12 hour flight on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, will operate three times weekly. via https://dailyhive.co...urkish-airlines

Turkish Airlines is a Star Alliance partner, and has codesharing agreements with Air Canada.

• Bernard and Missed Approach like this

#5050 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

Oh yeah that’s a pretty big deal.

Know it all.

#5051 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:26 PM

WestJet is increasing its YYJ-YYC (Calgary) service for summer 2020. Goes from 32 flights a week now (4-5x daily) to at least 35 flights a week (5x daily)...maybe more...their press release says up 7 flights per week, but many of their summer schedule flights aren't yet bookable.

In exciting news for the Peace Region, WestJet Link is beginning year-round YYC-YDQ (Dawson Creek) service at the end of April. They are freeing up capacity on Link to do that run by upgrading their YYC-YXS (Prince George) service to Encore.

WestJet should also be taking delivery of their fourth Dreamliner in the next few days.

#5052 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:35 PM

Do we know yet what US routes are planned for Encore/Link?

Know it all.

#5053 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:41 PM

Aside from the four already existing Encore routes to the US, nothing. No news since the revelation of Pacific Coastal being approved to operate cross-border flights for WestJet.

• Mike K. likes this

#5054 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:55 PM

Air Canada has canceled the CRJ 9 service to YYC for this spring, reverted back to D-Q400 service.

Timetable and booking site reflect the change 

#5055 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:15 AM

Swoop has driven Flair out of Abbotsford amid an ongoing predatory pricing investigation by the Competition Bureau. Flair had operated routes from Abbotsford to Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Toronto. 

#5056 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:59 PM

Sigh... and soon enough Swoop will be the only one left, and then the liveries will revert back to green and “Swoop” Westjet pricing will become a no-frills fare option on select flights.

Know it all.

#5057 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:03 AM

Alaska Airlines is joining One World and strengthening its ties with American Airlines.

For Victoria travelers, this is going to mean more options for flights connecting in Seattle:  

https://www.alaskaai...||20200213_AW||

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 13 February 2020 - 10:06 AM.

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#5058 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:28 PM

Yeah this is awesome news. Very excited by the opportunity. Just wish that Alaska would put some more effort into YYJ it would certainly pay off. A PDX daily run would be awesome and they would do well with a YYJ LAX run as well. They are my go to airline as it is easily the nicest once you get off the Q400s and their customer service is amazing. 

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#5059 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

I'm not sure about PDX, and don't think a daily would have enough demand. I really wish we had another direct connection to a hub. We lost SFO. LAX would be okay. Houston would be awesome.

#5060 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

Can not Alaska use YYJ was an in between stop on the way from Alaska to US destinations?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users