Plastic bag bans/regulation/charges

• Please log in to reply
1446 replies to this topic

#1441 todd

todd
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

https://www.amazon.c...rds=tshirt bags

I don’t feel bad I just don’t throw it in the ocean.

Edited by todd, 06 February 2019 - 04:15 PM.

#1442 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,971 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

So I'm waiting for the #6 bus yesterday downtown after 5pm, which is hellish at the best of times. The bus comes 20 minutes late, but that’s sort of beside the point.

So I’m waiting, and buddy comes up with two paper bags of groceries. He’s holding his bags, when one of them bursts and two chicken carcasses fall onto the sidewalk. The chicken carcasses had not been wrapped in extra plastic and leaked raw dead chicken juice in the paper bag, which soaked through the bag and caused a critical structural failure. The chicken juice compromised the structural integrity of the paper bag because – duh – paper does not perform well when saturated with moisture.

So now this guy is holding basically two biohazard chicken carcasses in his arms with chicken goo running down his hands and onto the sidewalk. It’s all over his arm, and pants and shoes. Really gross. He barges onto the bus, and I’m like no way am I standing next to raw chicken juice buddy on this crammed POS #6 bus. So I had to wait another 10 minutes.

This plastic bag ban is dumb, caused an unhealthy situation and made me miss my bus.

I feel bad for that guy.  He's stuck with what he's been allowed to carry his groceries home in, and it all went horribly wrong.  Embarrassing, costly, messy.  

Pathetic.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1443 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

...Embarrassing, costly, messy.  Pathetic.

For a moment I thought you were describing the CoV council.

#1444 todd

todd
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

For a moment I thought you were describing the CoV council.

They do some good things?

Edited by todd, 06 February 2019 - 05:36 PM.

#1445 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,971 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

A transit driver doing a pre-trip inspection of their bus has just radioed dispatch to report a paper bag with wet pants in it was left on the bus.  The unknown liquid has leaked through the bag onto the floor.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1446 todd

todd
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

A transit driver doing a pre-trip inspection of their bus has just radioed dispatch to report a paper bag with wet pants in it was left on the bus.  The unknown liquid has leaked through the bag onto the floor.

It’s not raining.

#1447 todd

todd
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

They calling in hazmat or whipping it up with the bus schedule?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users