1447 replies to this topic

#1301 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:56 AM

here is the story

https://www.cbsnews....g-mike-lindell/

former crack addict spends $1.5/m week on ads.

https://www.bloomber...a-s-pillow-king

As so many great entrepreneurial success stories do, the tale of Mike Lindell begins in a crack house. It was the fall of 2008, and the then 47-year-old divorced father of four from the Minneapolis suburbs had run out of crack, again. He had been up for either 14 or 19 days—he swears it was 19 but says 14 because “19 just sounds like I’ve embellished”—trying to save his struggling startup and making regular trips into the city to visit his dealer, Ty. 

Eight-plus years later, Lindell is sober and phenomenally successful. He quit everything—alcohol, powdered cocaine, and crack—after one final party on Jan. 16, 2009, and presides over an empire that’s still growing precipitously. Last year he opened a second factory, saw sales rise from $115 million to $280 million, and almost tripled his workforce, to 1,500. To date he’s sold more than 26 million pillows at $45 and up, a huge number of them directly to consumers who call and order by phone after seeing or hearing one of his inescapable TV and radio ads.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 November 2018 - 04:00 AM.

#1302 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

The my pillow guy is now stumping for Trump.

#1303 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

here is the story

https://www.cbsnews....g-mike-lindell/

former crack addict spends $1.5/m week on ads.

https://www.bloomber...a-s-pillow-king

As so many great entrepreneurial success stories do, the tale of Mike Lindell begins in a crack house. It was the fall of 2008, and the then 47-year-old divorced father of four from the Minneapolis suburbs had run out of crack, again. He had been up for either 14 or 19 days—he swears it was 19 but says 14 because “19 just sounds like I’ve embellished”—trying to save his struggling startup and making regular trips into the city to visit his dealer, Ty. 

Eight-plus years later, Lindell is sober and phenomenally successful. He quit everything—alcohol, powdered cocaine, and crack—after one final party on Jan. 16, 2009, and presides over an empire that’s still growing precipitously. Last year he opened a second factory, saw sales rise from $115 million to $280 million, and almost tripled his workforce, to 1,500. To date he’s sold more than 26 million pillows at $45 and up, a huge number of them directly to consumers who call and order by phone after seeing or hearing one of his inescapable TV and radio ads.

All that money, and you can't take it with you when you die.

#1304 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

My wife has one and it's pretty good honestly. Yes even I am pimping my pillows now! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE US.

• Rob Randall and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1305 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

"Hey Google, Play CFAX1070"

"This station does not stream audio over the internet, ...."

Hmm.  CFAX gone from TuneIn or just a hiccup?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1306 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Oh, I dunno. How long ago did it last stream for you?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1307 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

LOL I just got a similar response as Seb, "I looked for CFAX radio and it either isn't available or can't be played right now..."

#1308 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:47 PM

Don't you have to set up the I Heart Radio preference on your device first? I'm not sure. My Alexa says I Heart Radio isn't available.

#1309 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

Oh, I dunno. How long ago did it last stream for you?

Last night.  I was irritated when I couldn't ask Google to turn off the radio on the way out the door this morning and had to walk back to the computer.  But not as irritated as your foot!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#1310 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Ah, yes. The ol’ foot. Now the whole city knows, lol.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1311 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

I emailed CFAX/iHeart/whoevertheheckitisnow asking about their TuneIn stream on the Google Home devices.

Their reply

"

Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time we don't support the device you've requested an iHeartRadio app for in Canda. I'll let our product team know that you'd like to see iHeartRadio on Google Home Mini.

Feel free to contact us for further questions or concerns.

"

I reminded them that it's been working since I bought the device before Christmas, and with how ubiquitous these devices are it's very easy for people to ask for a different radio station.  "Hey Google, play CKNW980" works just fine.

#1312 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:14 AM

CFAX turned 60 today.

#1313 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:28 AM

C-FAX 1070 launched as a radio station in September 1959, 60 years ago. This Thursday September 12, join us at 1420 Broad Street for the ultimate "Throw-back Thursday." A day of retro sounds and personalities from the past, starting live with Al Ferraby in the morning. Drop by between 9 and 6 to say hi and celebrate with some cake!

#1314 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:50 AM

I'm listening live online and the hosts were reminiscing about the perils of dead air and just then the connection quit.

• Mike K. and Sparky like this

#1315 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

CFAX turned 60 today.

I'm enjoying the retro jingles.  They should bring them back from time to time.  

I guess Frank Stanford didn't feel like coming back for a segment today, eh? 

#1316 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:44 PM

15 is terry spence.  

below #11 in suit is mel cooper.

13 is kim emmerson.   

18 is sales manager kirk northcott.

front right kneeling might be steve duffy.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 12 September 2019 - 03:50 PM.

#1317 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

I'm enjoying the retro jingles.  They should bring them back from time to time.  

I guess Frank Stanford didn't feel like coming back for a segment today, eh? 

no nor steve duffy.

but stephen andrew did and that's something when you consider he threatened to sue them for his dismissal.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 12 September 2019 - 03:46 PM.

#1318 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:04 PM

No more Mark Brennae at CFAX?  

https://www.pugetsou...from-cfax-1070/

Who is left?  Adam Stirling, Alan Perry on the Saturday tech show.  They replay Adam's show in the evenings.  Really, not much left of CFAX these days.  I wasn't much of a fan of Mark but it's too bad to see local radio talent disappearing.  

• rjag and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1319 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:09 PM

He had his own easy going style. I quite liked it. He will be missed.

Know it all.

#1320 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

Is there a replacement for him? Or are they just going to use previously taped stuff from another station like they do now from 1 to 3pm.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users