For example
https://www.kaneryan...ia/531-yates-st

#4862 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:45 AM

ah yes good work m3m!

$89 sounds like a steal. except that it probably has a crippling lease rate. after all that’s why whatever that sports bar was called left a few years back. podium sports bar.

podium left in 2014.

here is hawk hen discussion:

https://vibrantvicto...1-yates-street/

if you have a very high lease you are going to have to have traffic - and menu prices - more like earls or cactus.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 October 2019 - 01:55 AM.

#4863 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

There is a small sign in the window of the prospective Leopolds Tavern (old Steamers space) that says it will be opening in November. I couldn't find any "coming soon" information on their web site.

#4864 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

Did That Lit' Pasta Place (Admirals Rd) close?  I phoned to make a reservation but the number is disconnected...

#4865 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:29 PM

Did That Lit' Pasta Place (Admirals Rd) close?  I phoned to make a reservation but the number is disconnected...

Yes and replaced by a place called Pho & Wok. 

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#4866 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

do we still have a little ceasars in town? there used to be one at town and country. anyway today I learned that they never did delivery. go figure.

#4867 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

do we still have a little ceasars in town? there used to be one at town and country. anyway today I learned that they never did delivery. go figure.

On hillside by Dairy Queen, in Esquimalt by country grocer and in colwood on Kelly road in the plaza with Scotiabank
  • jasmineshinga likes this

#4868 kayla

kayla
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:44 PM

There is a small sign in the window of the prospective Leopolds Tavern (old Steamers space) that says it will be opening in November. I couldn't find any "coming soon" information on their web site.

So I just walked past there on my way to lunch and the sign said 'Yates St Sports coming soon' and then there was random sports gear (jerseys, baseball mit, etc) in the window. 

Edited by kayla, 25 October 2019 - 01:45 PM.

#4869 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

No kidding!

So now we’ve got a Calgary-based breakfast eatery, a Vancouver-based pizzeria, a Vancouver-based vegan eatery and a Regina-based pub (Leopold’s) that announced their entry into Victoria but never followed through.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4870 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

not even sure why “sports bars” are even a thing. your average homeowner can get more sports on tv and internet than most bars probably can. I guess it could just mean “if the big game is in we will have the sound on”.

#4871 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 05:31 AM

One and Only "Le Tea" bubble tea shop in Victoria! Located in the food court of the prestigious Hillside Shopping Centre. 

for sale $310k.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-hillside

#4872 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

not even sure why “sports bars” are even a thing.....

Because that’s where the rough and tumble chicks hang out....looking for sporty type dudes. Hard to find that kind of action while watching the big game in your parent's basement with your bros.

• Rob Randall, zenbunny, AllseeingEye and 3 others like this

#4873 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

that "kind of action" is found on tinder nowadays.  chance meetings are so 1998.

• GaryRanson likes this

#4874 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:21 AM

So I just walked past there on my way to lunch and the sign said 'Yates St Sports coming soon' and then there was random sports gear (jerseys, baseball mit, etc) in the window. 

Curious. Looks like there's a BP issued for interior structural work, and a separate BP in progress for Leopold's (i.e. application received by the City but not yet issued). 

#4875 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

I emailed Cacao 70 to ask for an update on this, as it's been nearly a year since the signs went up but there's been zero signs of progress since then. They responded and said it's "still in progress" but they "unfortunately do not have more information to provide." I'm becoming doubtful we'll actually see it materialize...

Do we know which concept was supposed to be opening in Victoria? The restaurant on Davie closed, but they still have two "sweet shops" on Denman and Granville (both of which are listed for sale, I believe), and two ice cream shops in North Van and Richmond.

So did Cacao 70 ever open? On the mainland they've now closed all but the Richmond location.

#4876 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:59 PM

Yep - it’s been open for a couple of months now.
  • Jackerbie likes this

#4877 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:50 AM

There's a general coffee/tea/cafe thread, but is there a general restaurant thread?

Daily Hive in Vancouver posted an article on must visit restaurants in Victoria (not the best restos, but the ones you gotta visit). It's very eclectic: The Courtney Room, The Joint, Saveur, Tapa Bar, Bodega, Little Jumbo, and Canoe Brewpub.

Any notable omissions? https://dailyhive.co...urants-victoria

#4878 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

Tapa Bar patio on a hot summer night is as good as it gets. Bodega next door is perfect for after work drinks and snacks.

• Nparker likes this

#4879 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:46 AM

another unnamed bar/restaurant for sale downtown.  $199k.

New Listing! This 75 seat downtown restaurant and bar has a food primary liquor license and a stunningly modern design providing an excellent back drop to continue with the current concept or transition to something new. This highly popular restaurant has an open concept fully vented commercial kitchen and a beautifully designed front bar enriching the entertainment aspect of the space. A live entertainment/participation permit is in place so this lively restaurant can accommodate as a venue for special or nightly events. Its prominent downtown location provides easy access to the downtown cores growing residential population and its regular events draw locals from across the city. 

https://www.realtor....siness-victoria

#4880 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

A Westshore business called Dad's Soup and Sangy's (on Jacklin) is for sale.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users