Garrick's Head | Victoria | Bastion Square

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#141 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Congratulations Jay. I will swing by for a pint soon.

#142 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Nice! Looking forward to dropping in soon.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#143 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

http://www.timescolo...6384/story.html

#144 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

We had a chance to experience the new room tonight. Thanks Jay. Great spot for a pint.

#145 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yes, thanks very much Jay for offering us up the sneak preview.

Sparky, Mike K. and I attended, and it was splendid, we had a great time.

The kitchen did a great job of preparing (free) appys for everyone, probably more than they've ever been called upon to do at one time before. That little kitchen was humming, but at the same time, we saw how everyone worked well together in there.

We probably missed the owner, who I think was there. We will thank him next visit for his hospitality.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#146 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Glad you had a good time. Everything went smoothly, tonight we open at 5pm then back to regular hours tomorrow.
Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

#147 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Great job, OSJ! :)

You deserve a break now.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#148 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

thanks for coming by you guys, no break yet. was here bright and early today, home for a few hours and back again tonight for the public opening. then back tomorrow morning for inventory, can't wait to lift 44 kegs to put them on the scales. LOL

#149 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I stopped by last night with my girlfriend and a buddy. The place was packed at 1AM.

Know it all.

#150 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I stopped by last night with my girlfriend and a buddy. The place was packed at 1AM.

glad you like the space, was a busy weekend.
ill do some updates monday morning

#151 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Here right now... but really you made Corey a manager.... ;)
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#152 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Holy crap, the new room is loud. Really loud. Hope you fix that.

#153 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

sorry, the loudness is created by a busy bar. there is no real fix for that.

#154 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Providing crappy service and raising prices usually works. Personally I would stick with the noisy room.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#155 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Yeah, some complaints just have to be filtered out I guess.

#156 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

:-) Don't get me wrong, I really like what they've done and I'm very glad for its success. It's just with all those hard, flat surfaces, it has the acoustics of a gym (as another customer put it). It's actually pretty straightforward to fix that, and I know everyone at my table last weekend would be most grateful if it were to happen. Cheers.

#157 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

The expansion is going to attract a very different clientele than those who are accustomed to the old Garrick's and this clientele will elicit complaints about the sorts of things the regular clientele would not.

I was in the other day and the difference between patrons was like water and oil. Newcomers (appearing older, more affluent) were hanging in the new space and regular Garrick's patrons in the old bar.

Know it all.

#158 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hmmm, I never noticed the loudness. I know one place that sure is louder than it looks is Moxies Yates. Crazy how much noise that room full can cause. But I'm not sure it bothers me.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#159 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I was in the other day and the difference between patrons was like water and oil. Newcomers (appearing older, more affluent) were hanging in the new space and regular Garrick's patrons in the old bar.

Ha, I can see it now - a rumble right at the archway between the two spaces, between old-school and new-school patrons :-)

#160 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Ha, I can see it now - a rumble right at the archway between the two spaces, between old-school and new-school patrons :-)

Kind of like fans of a band that loved them "before they were big" who are bitter since they got big, "sold out" and now "sell out" stadium shows for $100 a head.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users