Save-On-Foods grocery stores in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#301 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hmm, I just looked it up and it's a 1km walk from my place.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#302 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hmm, I just looked it up and it's a 1 km walk from my place.

How far will it be from The Wade though?  ;)

#303 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

Ha!
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#304 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

I think having SoF is great. It will be the first real grocery store downtown as you could not really do a big grocery shop at either Wellburns or MoY. That said I am wondering how they are going to deal with the security challenges that this location is going to pose versus their other stores. You might have to take out a loan to borrow a shopping cart...

The grocery carts will likely be only used inside the store and the wheels will lock up if you try to take it home.

#305 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Bur having worked at the Thrifty's in James Bay, our average sale per customer was $26, but our customer count was through the roof. Store like Hillside would have average sales over $100 per customer on weekends and $80 during the week. Much lower customer count though. It all levels out. I am sure Markets average is low as well as they most likely get alot of daily shoppers in comparison to weekly.

+1

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#306 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

Bur having worked at the Thrifty's in James Bay, our average sale per customer was $26, but our customer count was through the roof. Store like Hillside would have average sales over $100 per customer on weekends and $80 during the week. Much lower customer count though. It all levels out. I am sure Markets average is low as well as they most likely get alot of daily shoppers in comparison to weekly.

Right.  But in terms of store sales efficiency, I'm sure they'd still prefer larger orders.  Ie. if they could get James Bay up to $38, they'd love that.  Although having lots of daily shoppers might make inventory control actually a bit easier.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#307 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

JImmy P donated $75M to St Paul's Hospital foundation today. He's definitely one reason I shop at Save On and not Costco or Wally World.

“Today, Jim Pattison has stepped forward to transform health care on a scale this country has never seen,” said Dick Vollet, president and CEO, St. Paul’s Foundation in a news release. “Jim Pattison’s gift will help us realize an exceptionally rare opportunity to build a major medical and research centre from the ground up, that will establish its place among the most highly regarded and recognized medical centres in North America.”

http://globalnews.ca...nadian-history/

• lanforod likes this

#308 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

JImmy P donated $75M to St Paul's Hospital foundation today. He's definitely one reason I shop at Save On and not Costco or Wally World.

http://globalnews.ca...nadian-history/

http://victoriabuzz....medium=facebook

Victoria Mustard Seed Food Bank gets a $50,000 donation from the Walmart Foundation

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#309 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

He also donated to the new Royal Jubilee patient care centre. The pavilion is named after him.
  • jonny likes this

Know it all.

#310 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

50 G's???....pfffffffftttt.

#311 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

I heard Jimmy Patterson bought Quality Foods?

#312 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

I heard Jimmy Patterson bought Quality Foods?

http://vibrantvictor...toria/?p=374690

#313 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

oh cool, thanks Nparker, I didnt see that post.

• Nparker likes this

#314 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

Oohhh look! I just surprised 2000 posts! Don't I feel special! It only took me 10 years!

Edited by UrbanRail, 28 March 2017 - 06:11 PM.

• aastra and Nparker like this

#315 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

Well, we are all surprised. :)

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#316 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

WELLBURN'S is making some efforts to take on its soon-to-be neighbour. To start, they are revamping the product layout within the store. Some new product lines will be introduced, some expanded and some dropped. A new customer service area is planned and perhaps most importantly, fresh paint is coming! Time will tell if this helps them stave off the competition.

#317 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

The other day they had about 30 people working to move some shelves.

#318 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:14 AM

The new store is pretty great! There are photos on VV’s Facebook page.

The plaza in front of the building overlooking the intersection has given us a new vantage point from which to view the growing cityscape and it’s pretty cool.

Know it all.

#319 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:25 AM

...The plaza in front of the building overlooking the intersection has given us a new vantage point from which to view the growing cityscape and it’s pretty cool.

It'll be a great place to watch the bizarre eastward diversion of northbound vehicle traffic on Vancouver Street after the bike lane "improvements" are implemented.

diversion.PNG

https://www.cheknews...-region-593692/

#320 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:31 AM

I noticed Save Ons had its own security brand manning the main entrance. I’ve never seen that before.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users