#2021 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:03 AM

download.png

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2022 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:05 AM

A strong showing for December 2020. How does this compare against Decembers of the past 10 years?

#2023 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:11 AM

Will post full stats later today when released
  • Mike K. and Nparker like this

#2024 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:07 PM

Sales.jpg

SFH.jpg

Condos.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#2025 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:30 AM

download.png

#2026 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:32 AM

Omg, the lack of listings is insane.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2027 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:25 AM

download.png

#2028 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

Next to nothing in North Saanich

#2029 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:50 AM

download.png

• Nparker likes this

#2030 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:01 PM

Omg, the lack of listings is insane.

Watching my MLS account has been so sad... maybe 1 or 2 houses showing up a week, never thought buying a house would be so frustrating. Spring and vaccine can't come fast enough

• Matt R. likes this

#2031 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:09 PM

Watching my MLS account has been so sad... maybe 1 or 2 houses showing up a week, never thought buying a house would be so frustrating. Spring and vaccine can't come fast enough

I'm super frustrated with what's available for condos right now too.  I've very much grown into my 1100sq-ft place but what's available in my price range is mostly a big step back.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2032 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

I'm super frustrated with what's available for condos right now too.  I've very much grown into my 1100sq-ft place but what's available in my price range is mostly a big step back.

The worst part is there no real light at the end of the tunnel i feels like. When inventory comes back the buying is going to be insane... i can't handle the houses selling within 48 hours like in June, July, and Aug 

• Matt R. likes this

#2033 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

Get ready now.

Have your maximum mortgage amount pre-approved. Have a housing inspector you've already connected with on speed dial. Have an agent who knows what's going on. Have your lawyer lined up.

Be ready to strike and make a strong offer with reasonable conditions, and you'll be ok.

• Matt R. and VIResident like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2034 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:47 PM

Get ready now.

Have your maximum mortgage amount pre-approved. Have a housing inspector you've already connected with on speed dial. Have an agent who knows what's going on. Have your lawyer lined up.

Be ready to strike and make a strong offer with reasonable conditions, and you'll be ok.

Pre-approval is good to go, that being said my rate will probably expire again soon, my agent is awesome. 

i'll look into house inspector/lawyer now

The whole striking fast is the hard part.. trying to buy your forever home and have to make that choice within hours is something were struggling with..

That being said at this point i think once we see a place that we love it won't be hard in the moment (i hope) 

#2035 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:55 PM

Exactly. And remember, there's nothing stopping you from making multiple offers on multiple homes with a seven day due diligence period. Don't go overboard, but if you're genuinely in love with Property A and Property C, make offers on both. And be cool about it, as in, if you don't intend to have inspectors check out Property C because Property A just blew you away, tell the seller's agent they can entertain other offers. If the properties are hot they'll have multiple buyers lined up and waiting with offers, so it's no biggie.

In a crazy market you need to be a bit resourceful. But most importantly, go in with the full asking price, or a bit over if you feel there's multiple offers coming. Then negotiate down if the inspection uncovers an issue. Chances are that'll work out as the seller is likely to want to negotiate with you rather than go through the same process with someone else.

Good luck. Be sure to keep us posted.

What part of town are you looking at, btw?

Know it all.

#2036 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:16 PM

If looking for a detached house a strong offer with reasonable conditions has a slim chance right now on an attractive property. Once you get into >5 offers as is common right now you are competing with unconditional offers and at that point you have no chance even if your price is higher. I explain why here -> https://www.youtube....uF11Xdlk8&t=36s

Edited by MarkoJ, 27 January 2021 - 09:19 PM.

• Darren14 and Jables like this

#2037 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

Exactly. And remember, there's nothing stopping you from making multiple offers on multiple homes with a seven day due diligence period. Don't go overboard, but if you're genuinely in love with Property A and Property C, make offers on both. And be cool about it, as in, if you don't intend to have inspectors check out Property C because Property A just blew you away, tell the seller's agent they can entertain other offers. If the properties are hot they'll have multiple buyers lined up and waiting with offers, so it's no biggie.

In a crazy market you need to be a bit resourceful. But most importantly, go in with the full asking price, or a bit over if you feel there's multiple offers coming. Then negotiate down if the inspection uncovers an issue. Chances are that'll work out as the seller is likely to want to negotiate with you rather than go through the same process with someone else.

Exactly the reason(s) why sellers seperate out the unconditional offers right away and trash the conditional ones. They don't want to deal with someone having cold feet or trying to renegotiate the price. 

I made a video here on some strategies in multiple offers a few days ago, but there often is no strategy. 

https://www.youtube....hrKh14hc&t=110s

• Darren14 likes this

#2038 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:19 PM

That advice is gold right there!

So it’s just “that” busy out there, where unconditional offers are that prevalent? Holy smokes.

Know it all.

#2039 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

Glanford/Marigold, Mill hill, glen lake and langford lake inward. 

#2040 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

I feel like a 'not perfect but good' house can be made 'great' much more easily than a condo.  My biggest fear is accepting an offer on mine and not finding a place then wasting money on rent eating away at the maximum price I can afford.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users