Photo

Coffee/tea | General discussion on cafes in Victoria and coffee-related topics

• Please log in to reply
1142 replies to this topic

#661 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:33 AM

Will the rewards program be usable anywhere else, since with the exception of Timbits, who wants any other baked goods from TH?  :rolleyes:

#662 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

Will the rewards program be usable anywhere else, since with the exception of Timbits, who wants any other baked goods from TH?  :rolleyes:

Are you hoping to redeem you TimBitcoins (you're welcome) for Wendy's Baconators?

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#663 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

i admit i have not tried much else but donuts but some of their croissants and loaves look alright.

#664 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

There are signs in the window between the Aegean Cafe and Partea on Blanshard saying that a new “photography-themed Cafe” Cale’s the Bokeh Cafe will be opening soon. As a photographer who drinks a lot of coffee, I am excite.
  • Mike K. likes this

#665 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

i had my first "reward" today.   turns out you get a bonus one after your first purchase.  or upon your second purchase i guess.  the reward program seems very popular with everyone.  or at least at blanshard/johnson it is.  i guess word gets around fast.

#666 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

I had this program months ago because one of my frequent Tim's was a test pilot for it

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#667 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

Bokeh Cafe had their soft opening today. I went in for a mocha and thought it was pretty good. It's quiet in there, and would make a good place to study. There's an upper loft with seating overlooking the rest of the place. 

• Mike K. likes this

#668 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:13 AM

Bokeh Cafe had their soft opening today. I went in for a mocha and thought it was pretty good. It's quiet in there, and would make a good place to study. There's an upper loft with seating overlooking the rest of the place. 

https://www.facebook.../bokehvictoria/

#669 Dinya

Dinya
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

Ah, in the old Zazu place.  (Miss Zazu.  It was great).

Nice to have another option in the area (which already has many), and they sell Bubby Rose's baked goods.  Will have to try it out.

Good luck to them.

#670 kxl

kxl
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

Good Earth open at Capital Park on Superior.

#671 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Dunno if someone is relocating or it's a new business in town, but there's a Building Permit in for a change of use for 2550 Rock Bay Ave for a roastery and distribution centre.

• thundergun likes this

#672 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

That is one bleak intersection.

#673 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

Dunno if someone is relocating or it's a new business in town, but there's a Building Permit in for a change of use for 2550 Rock Bay Ave for a roastery and distribution centre.

Perhaps Bows & Arrows is moving to bigger digs...?

#674 Jaysomethin

Jaysomethin
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

Discovery coffee is moving in
  • thundergun and Jackerbie like this

#675 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

Discovery coffee is moving in

That's amazing news for that area. Will this location replace the Discovery Street location's roastery, do you know?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#676 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

Wow, weird location for a Discovery Coffee. The Coffee Lab is just a block away and dead quiet whenever I go in there (despite being a pretty cool place). The intersection is a pedestrian dead-zone. Either way, I love Discovery Coffee and am happy to see them doing well enough to expand even more.

• Mike K. likes this

#677 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

Maybe they are just moving the roasting component?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#678 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

Maybe they are just moving the roasting component?

Very likely. The BP is a change of use to "Warehouse/Roastery/Distribution Centre"

#679 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

There are signs in the window between the Aegean Cafe and Partea on Blanshard saying that a new “photography-themed Cafe” Cale’s the Bokeh Cafe will be opening soon. As a photographer who drinks a lot of coffee, I am excite.

excited enough to buy it?  $88,000.

https://www.realtor....toria-downtown?

Opportunity to own a turn key business in a desireable location of downtown, Victoria. This local cafe delivers a photography theme and serves brunch, lunch, dessert and drinks. 1336 SqFt with an upper dining area. Tremendous rating of 4.9/5 stars based on Google reviews. High pedestrian and tourist traffic. Parking located just behind the building and plenty of street parking. Please do not approach owner and staff regarding sale of business. 

#680 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:34 PM

Not surprising, the Coffee Lab is for sale:

https://www.usedvict...d-cafe_33607244

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users