• Please log in to reply
1142 replies to this topic

#681 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

excited enough to buy it?  $88,000.

https://www.realtor....toria-downtown?

Wow  - so they have been in business for half a year and think they have something to sell, other than their equipment???

#682 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

Apologies if this has already been mentioned: there’s a new coffee place in Bay Centre called Bru Bike Espresso Bar. It’s on the ground level of the mall near the Jugo Juice.

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 28 July 2019 - 06:08 PM.

• Mike K. likes this

#683 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:42 AM

Apologies if this has already been mentioned: there’s a new coffee place in Bay Centre called Bru Bike Espresso Bar. It’s on the ground level of the mall near the Jugo Juice.

Is it a storefront location, or a kiosk? I know that they have a mobile operation that is in Bastion Square sometimes.

#684 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:50 AM

It's more like a kiosk (there's a bike present as that's part of their branding), and it's adjacent to the TD ATM (if you know where that is) across the hall from both Mr Pretzel and Jugo Juice...

#685 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

There's one in Mayfair as well.

#686 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

Starbucks has partnered with Uber Eats in Victoria to offer delivery of their coffee, baked goods, etc.

#687 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:00 PM

The Starbucks at Broadmead Village will be closed from Sept 2 to mid-November as the store undergoes a renovation...

#688 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:04 PM

That seems like an excessively long time to renovate a relatively small space, especially for the same tenant to re-occupy.

#689 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:17 PM

That seems like an excessively long time to renovate a relatively small space, especially for the same tenant to re-occupy.

I think the one in Cook Street Village was closed for an even longer period of time as it underwent renovation...

#690 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Must be major because I've seen Starbucks do a complete reno in less than a week.

#691 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

Must be major because I've seen Starbucks do a complete reno in less than a week.

They generally do a major (at least four weeks of closure) renovation on stores ever 10-12 years, with minor refreshes lasting about a week in between the major refreshes.  I guess one advantage of a corporate model (Starbucks stores are nearly all operated by the corporation)  as opposed to a franchise model is the ability to more easily carry out these major capital improvements.  There's less disruption (from both an operational and financial perspective) as all employees can temporarily transfer to other stores whereas some franchises might not be able to do this unless a store owner's franchise agreement and setup leaves them in control of multiple stores.

Personally, I keep wondering when Starbucks will shut down their Millstream store (in front of Save-On-Foods) as it definitely retains an 'aughts' look!

• Mike K. likes this

#692 takopoly

takopoly
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:55 PM

Is it a storefront location, or a kiosk? I know that they have a mobile operation that is in Bastion Square sometimes.

Pretty sure they just have the one bike and move around to different locations. They were in the Bay centre for a 6 week stretch according to their facebook page. 

#693 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:13 AM

It's been mentioned previously, but Bear & Joey in Abstract's Black & White has their BP in hand and should be starting tenant improvements soon. They'll be on the Cook Street side of the building.

#694 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

Bear & Joey sounds like the sort of establishment one might find in the Castro catering to a rather specific clientele.  ;)

• Jackerbie likes this

#695 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

Personally, I keep wondering when Starbucks will shut down their Millstream store (in front of Save-On-Foods) as it definitely retains an 'aughts' look!

It's got a month or so, before the entire store moves up Millstream to be kitty corner from the Loghouse.

#696 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,754 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

It's got a month or so, before the entire store moves up Millstream to be kitty corner from the Loghouse.

Will they be using Nickel Bros?

#697 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

There are BPs issued for tenant improvements to combine units 122 and 124 in Market Square, and I think 122 is Hey Happy. They could certainly do with more space!

• Mike K. likes this

#698 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

A Xi Fu Tang franchise is opening on the first floor of the Sovereign soon; they offer bubble tea and Taiwanese beverages.

See https://www.xingfutang.ca/

#699 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

There are BPs issued for tenant improvements to combine units 122 and 124 in Market Square, and I think 122 is Hey Happy. They could certainly do with more space!

So that's what's going on. Escents departed recently and there has been some activity in their old space. Hey Happy is in 122.

~ Jasmine ~

#700 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

A descendent of the owner of Canada's first Japanese garden and teahouse hopes a new structure will honour its history and Japanese Canadians who faced internment during the Second World War.

Dillon Takata's great-grandfather and great-uncle established the garden and teahouse in Esquimalt's Gorge Park, but it was destroyed in 1942 when the Canadian government detained and dispossessed people of Japanese descent living in B.C.

*snip*

The Township of Esquimalt along with Stanger-Ross and the Victoria Nikkei Culutral Society [VNCS] are working together to come up with plans to erect a building on the site.

The VNCS is seeking feedback through an online survey about how Esquimalt should construct a multi-purpose building at Gorge Park to commemorate Japanese history. The survey is open until Sept. 29.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...toria-1.5292554

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users