BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#701 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Let's wait for the brick work....should improve the look.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#702 Gil Resch

Gil Resch
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

Purchasers .of these units may become confused by the window coverage.

When I look at the photos of actual construction, I find that the window (glass) vertical measure is about 73% of the vertical measure of floor level height from concrete floor top of one level to concrete floor top of of the above floor at the next level..

A photo of the original show room tall tower model shows, by my measure, that  glass accounts for about 80% of  the vertical measure of floor level height from concrete floor top of one level to concrete floor top of of the above floor.

The sales web site photo displaying a representative living room of a mid upper floor unit found at     http://bosapropertie...-and-views/#/  

shows that  glass accounts for about 83% of  the vertical measure of floor level height from concrete floor top of one level to concrete floor top of of the above floor.  This measure requires estimating the concrete floor thickness. It is reasonable to assume that this is the depiction which buyers assumed was the case when they signed contracts.

If my measures are correct, then buyers are receiving about one vertical foot less of window wall on all walls except the glass sliding door areas.

Of course, my measures are all based on other peoples' photos and my limited measurement skills. Other contributors to this blog may wish to do their own measures and correct mine as necessary.

If some buyers wrongly assumed that windows would be comparable to Promontory's floor to ceiling windows, then they will be surprised.

Buyers should be pleasantly  surprised that with less window exposure their AC cost should be less in summer and heating cost less during winter. Also, with less window exposure there should be less fading of floor coverings and furniture. Less window coverage will  allow the building and integration of low level cabinetry under all windows. 

#703 Gil Resch

Gil Resch
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

Correction.. The complete website URL is

http://bosapropertie...ns-and-views/#/

#704 Gil Resch

Gil Resch
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

One last effort: http://bosapropertie...-and-views/#/  

which should include:    /encore/plans-and-views/ 

#705 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:28 AM

Is the glass not UV protected?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#706 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

Then there is always blinds or other window treatments.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#707 Gil Resch

Gil Resch
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Yes, but there will also be savings on window washing for individuals and the strata, since there is much less window exposure to be cleaned than expected. This is probably very environmentally positive--another societal bonus from Bosa. 

Some environmental gains will be lost by waste associated  with the addition of the brick veneer, even given that  the bricks will cover up some non-glass surfaces. Perhaps some of this loss will be offset by the 5 or 6 slow charge (level 2) EV stalls and the provision of the minimalist  two elevators to service 15 stories plus sub and top penthouses. 

#708 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Just got official word from Bosa that secondary to labour shortages this is being pushed back to a fall completion.

#709 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

Just got official word from Bosa that secondary to labour shortages this is being pushed back to a fall completion.

No surprises there. Nice to have the official word though.

#710 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Photos from Feb 9th

Attached Images

• IMG_4899.JPG
  • IMG_4895.JPG
  • IMG_4889.JPG
  • IMG_4892.JPG
  • IMG_4894.JPG
  • IMG_4897.JPG
  • IMG_4885.JPG

• Nparker, 2F2R and Bell bottoms like this

#711 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Almost to full height?

#712 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:15 AM

It is fun to watch the sky coffins being built. There is a certain George Orwell use of language in all the condo sales brochures. I have yet to see one that does not use the words sophisticated and luxury to market these tiny boxes in the sky. As my wife pointed out the other day a lot of these units are not much bigger than our dining room. Then again we live in an era were Starbucks sells the cheapest African coffee at a premium price to the trendy masses.

#713 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

So be it I guess. The vast majority of the population lives in bigger homes. But these work fur many.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#714 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:19 AM

Grey Poupon tastes the same whether in a sky coffin or a castle. Personally verified, but of course.
  • Bob Fugger, m3m and songheesguy like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#715 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

No one is holding a gun to someone's head to buy a "sky coffin".  If they are happy, that's all that matters

Some of those "sky coffins" in various buildings cost more than a nice home in Oak Bay.

• Nparker, m3m and songheesguy like this

#716 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

Many sky coffins are part time homes, like a hotel suite.

A friend of mine that lives in Bayside gets requests by her visitors to go to the recycling room and check fur “free” tagged treasures lol.

Sometimes the best part of their visit.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 February 2018 - 08:17 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#717 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

Photos from Feb 23rd

Attached Images

• IMG_4978.jpg
  • IMG_4981.jpg
  • IMG_4984.jpg
  • IMG_4986.jpg
  • IMG_4988.jpg

• Bell bottoms likes this

#718 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

One more floor to go?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#719 Freedom57

Freedom57
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Speaking of sky coffins, there was an interesting report in the Canadian Medical Association Journal on the chances of surviving a coronary attack when living in a highrise building: 

• Below the 3rd floor: 4.2%
  • Above the 3rd floor: 2.6%
  • Above the 25th floor: ZERO

Cheers!

As reported in the Times Colonist:  http://www.timescolo...live-1.23184231

#720 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:51 AM

Just 4.2%, hey? Might as well enjoy the view from up top then :)

• Nparker, songheesguy and Freedom57 like this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users