• Please log in to reply
12050 replies to this topic

#7961 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 56,799 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:37 PM

^ big news!

Ford EV Customers To Gain Access to 12,000 Tesla Superchargers; Company to add North American Charging Standard Port in Future EVs

https://www.business...t-in-Future-EVs

Starting early next year, Ford EV customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, in addition to the over 10,000 DC fast-chargers that are already part of the BlueOval Charge Network. This will give Ford EV customers unprecedented access to fast-charging

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 May 2023 - 01:39 PM.

#7962 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:08 PM

Ford will add Tesla plug to its electric vehicles in surprising move

https://electrek.co/...urprising-move/

When Tesla announced last year that it opened up its proprietary charging connector to try to make it the industry standard in North America, we thought it might be too little too late, despite agreeing that Tesla’s plug was a much superior design than the current CCS standard.

But it looks like we were wrong, as Tesla just got a major partner on board: Ford.

Today, Ford announced that it partnered with Tesla for Ford EV owners to have better access to the Supercharger network.

Tesla was already opening up the network to non-Tesla electric vehicles through an adapter that is being deployed at Superchargers.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 May 2023 - 02:10 PM.

#7963 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:30 PM

Glad I have my Tesla shares again!
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#7964 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,768 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:37 PM

Oh dang. I tried to sell at $195 but it didn’t tap. Maybe that’s a blessing. We shall see.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7965 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:18 AM

CEO Elon Musk has talked about bringing FSD Beta to Europe and Asia soon, and it now looks like it is starting to happen.

Teslascope, which tracks Tesla software updates, detected FSD Beta updates going to cars in Australia, Germany, and Belgium:

https://electrek.co/...-north-america/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 May 2023 - 03:19 AM.

#7966 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 04:01 AM

The Tesla Model Y was the world’s best-selling car in Q1 2023, marking the first time ever that an EV has achieved this feat, according to industry analyst JATO Dynamics.

Model Y sales have been growing around the world for the last few years, putting the car on the trajectory to become the world’s best-selling vehicle. The feat was first predicted even before the car came to market, as Tesla thought the car could see up to a million units of demand per year.

It was an ambitious goal at the time, with many considering it another example of an “optimistic” Tesla prediction, but last year Tesla said the Model Y was on track to become the world’s best-selling car in 2023.

Last year, the Model Y was the best-selling vehicle in Europe and California, the fourth best-selling in China despite China’s different tastes and model availability compared to the rest of the world, and was on the US top ten list but significantly behind several trucks and SUVs. These performances made it the third-best selling car worldwide.

But now, it looks like Tesla’s #1 sales prediction has come true. The Model Y has dethroned the Toyota Corolla as the world’s best-selling car in Q1 and looks like it may well maintain this position for the full year.

JATO Dynamics analyst Felipe Munoz compiled the data for Motor1, showing that the Model Y had 267,200 sales in Q1, according to data from 53 markets and projections/estimates for the rest of the world. This put it ahead of the Corolla at 256,400 sales for the same period and significantly ahead of the other top-five cars, the Hilux, RAV4, and Camry, all from Toyota.

https://electrek.co/...st-ev-to-do-so/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 May 2023 - 04:01 AM.

#7967 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 04:57 AM

Tesla sales in the UK rose by more than 1,400% in April. Model Y became the 7th best-selling car in the country through the first four month of 2023.

In April 2023, Tesla showed a significant increase in new car registrations in the UK. They are up 1,436% year-over-year to 1,813 units, according to SMMT data. In April 2022, the manufacturer registered 118 vehicles. Last year, Giga Shanghai—which supplies vehicles for the European market—was closed due to China's COVID-19 measures. Improved sales in the UK in 2023 allowed the company to increase Tesla's market share from 0.10% to 1.36%.

Tesla Model Y became the 7th best-selling car in the UK through the first four months of 2023. 11,503 units were sold during this period. Electric vehicle sales continue to grow, creating competition for internal combustion engine vehicles.

It is worth noting that the cost of Tesla Model Y is much higher than that of competitors, so its achievement is especially noteworthy. Tesla expects its electric compact SUV to become the best-selling car in the world, and it looks like it has every chance to succeed.

https://www.tesmania...-1-400-in-april

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 May 2023 - 04:57 AM.

#7968 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:28 AM

Wow first time it’s been written right in an article! Good job Tesmania!

#7969 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:59 AM

AE07480C-A4DE-42BB-9DCA-0BA72D82832E.jpeg

#7970 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:22 AM

Oh dang. I tried to sell at $195 but it didn’t tap. Maybe that’s a blessing. We shall see.

Sell half when it doubles then ride the rest long term. That’s how you build your bankroll.
  • Mike K. likes this

#7971 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,768 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:45 AM

Yes, I like that approach very much.

What's the chance of this thing going to $400, though?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7972 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:35 AM

Cult stock actually making loads of money and about to make loads more AND backed by Davonian mandates with no woke marketing guffaws in sight? Only a matter of time.

Edited by dasmo, 26 May 2023 - 11:37 AM.

#7973 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:38 AM

Also add the AI stock boom that has just began. Remember Tesla is also a play in that sphere because they make their own software that will power physical robots. Be them on wheels or legs.

Edited by dasmo, 26 May 2023 - 11:39 AM.

• Mike K. likes this

#7974 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:31 PM

I’m too lazy to search but I seem to recall someone saying teslas chargers wouldn’t be opened up in Canada…

#7975 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:39 AM

Tesla Model 3 production has allegedly stopped at Gigafactory Shanghai, per Chinese blogger Wu Wa. Posting on his YouTube channel, Wu Wa noted that Model Y production is continuing as normal, however Model 3 production has seemingly stalled. Wu Wa has a reputation as a reliable Tesla blogger and uses his drone to capture Giga Shanghai activity.

It therefore appears that Tesla is readying its Shanghai plant for "Project Highland" Model 3 production. That said, after rumors suggesting new Model 3 production would start in June surfaced, Tesla China swiftly denied such claims. It's important to note that Tesla China has denied rumors in the past that have ultimately turned out to be true, such as the import of Giga Shanghai vehicles to the US.

The Model 3 is expected to receive an upgraded powertrain and extensive updates to both the exterior and interior, hence this isn't just a facelift. So on paper it makes sense that Giga Shanghai would have to shut down Model 3 production entirely to prepare for the revamp. 

https://insideevs.co...-3-update-soon/

#7976 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 04:37 AM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.05.30-08_37_12.png

#7977 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,799 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 07:11 AM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.05.30-11_11_22.png

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.05.30-11_12_24.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 May 2023 - 07:12 AM.

#7978 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 07:47 AM

post-4657-0-22631700-1685450275.png

That is just the start. To glimpse the future here just look to Europe. 

Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ)
To help improve air quality, an Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) was introduced in April 2019 within the same area of central London as the Congestion Charge. It currently operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, except Christmas Day. The daily charge runs between midnight and midnight so vehicles travelling into the zone before midnight and leaving after midnight will need to pay for two days.

Most vehicles, including cars and vans, need to meet the ULEZ emissions standards or their drivers must pay a daily charge to drive within the zone:

£12.50 for most vehicle types, including cars, motorcycles and vans (up to and including 3.5 tonnes)

https://www.hounslow...sport/1939/ulez

I wish I could trust this was a good thing.... 

#7979 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,768 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 07:54 AM

I can see stuff like that making sense in London, New York and Hong Kong.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why so many Victorians are heading to Bear Mountain to go hiking. Bear Mountain represents everything that is bad, they tell us, but then it’s so good, that the owners have to limit the volume of people going up there. Let’s try to understand that first, since it’s a complete reversal of everything we have ever been told about BM (how it never should have been built, how nobody wants to go there, how it is too remote, how it is a prison for the rich, and how it’s auto-centric [yet the hikers now say, it’s the only way to hike Mt Finlayson if you’re riding a bus]).

How can so many things be wrong, yet also right?
  • LJ and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.

#7980 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 08:10 AM

Same, Gas emissions are not good. This is one aspect why I think EVs are a good thing. I got bad lungs. I know. I have been to those cities and can't last in them. I feel it being there for days. Rotterdam almost killed me. This is also what bothers me about Clown World is it pushes people to the extremes and they end up throwing out the baby with the bathwater. So on the one side you have a total rejection of all things to do with the environment and on the other hand you have a cult like pushing of the Davos ideology. Reason is lost. 

Edited by dasmo, 31 May 2023 - 11:02 AM.

• Mike K. and LJ like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)