[Marine] V2V Vacations | Victoria-Vancouver catamaran service

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#701 Bernard

Bernard
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

The CPR ran harbour to harbour before BC Ferries came along, but these smaller boats that are trying to make a go of it are not feasible in the lumpy gravy weather during the winter.

The crossing is too long and there ain't too much to do, so most folks would rather travel on a ship with more amenities.

It was also an era when harbour to harbour flying was not available.   

CP and Union Steamship provided a lot of services up and down the coast till the late 50s because it was the only way to get a lot of places.  With more roads and more cars, the nature of ferry travel changed.   

#702 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

V2V Vacations to resume Victoria-Vancouver passenger catamaran sailings

https://victoria.cit...maran-sailings/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#703 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,986 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:31 PM

For anyone who wants to give them a go, they're re-launching service with a 50% discount on Premium (the most basic) fares until the end of April

#704 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,567 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

For anyone who wants to give them a go, they're re-launching service with a 50% discount on Premium (the most basic) fares until the end of April

I am still puzzled as to why V2V doesn't lower its fares overall in order to attract more customers. The current model doesn't seem to be filling many seats.

#705 Islander87

Islander87
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDowntown

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:25 PM

I just tried to book with them, I've been on before when they had the first season intro rate - it isn't a bad way to travel but I'd like a window seat.

I understand they are relaunching (or re-re-relaunching) with their 3rd staff roster in 2 years (+ sales exec #6).  I am guessing they are going cheap because all guests will be part of their "trial runs" and training.  I'll pass. Not in the mood to be a part of some on board fire and safety drills!

Consistently inconsistent should be the motto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users