Nparker
  • 22,563 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

Was he official charged with "hurting"?  :confused:

#11082 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

some type of assault charges. I don’t know the specific charges.

#11083 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,563 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

...Along with a charge of first degree murder, Alan Charles Chapman also faces two additional charges of aggravated assault against the murder victim's uncle and her boyfriend...

http://www.iheartrad...urder-1.9221911

#11084 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:12 PM

Officers found four adults, including the suspect and two men who were rushed to hospital in serious condition. The suspect was immediately placed under arrest.  The fourth adult, a woman, was found dead at the scene.

https://globalnews.c...uspect-charged/

Josh Haymes, a neighbour from down the street, told Black Press Media, that he was pulling into his driveway as the altercation was happening. According to Haymes, a man ran out of the house and jumped into a white car that “almost ran him over” as Haymes ran towards the house while calling 911.

https://www.sookenew...pears-in-court/

A young woman who was murdered this past weekend in a Brentwood Bay home was not the intended target, family say.

On Saturday May 11th, at around 12:30 a.m., 20-year-old Emily Caruana was killed in what police say is not a random attack,

According to Sonier, her husband and 4-year-old daughter were visiting his mother, Doris Caruana at her Brentwood Bay home after Doris’ husband Victor passed away on March 14th, 2019.

Their only niece, Emily Caruana and her boyfriend were also visiting Doris to celebrate Mother’s Day with her grandmother.

The five of them had just spent a memorable day together at the museum and the petting zoo before heading back to Doris’ Meadowlark Lane home for the night. At the time of the attack, all five were fast asleep.

http://www.victoriab...ntended-target/

so to recap police find 4 adults.  including the suspect and the deceased.  even though that suspect or someone else had sped off in a white car.

police find 4 adults.  but 5 people had gone to bed (one was a minor) and the 4th police found (the suspect) was not one of the 5 that went to sleep.

family says the dead woman was not the target.  police say it was not a random attack.  then police charge the suspect with 1st degree murder.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 May 2019 - 03:22 PM.

#11085 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

Crown prosecutor John Labossiere said Chapman will remain in custody through the course of any criminal trial.

“The only person that can do a judicial release on a first-degree murder count is a (B.C.) Supreme Court Judge,” he said.

https://globalnews.c...uspect-charged/

Outside of court, McCullough said he is not ruling out a bail application for Berry. He mentioned two of his other clients who are charged with murder and are out on bail, one in Kelowna and one in Nanaimo.

“They are out on bail. One is charged with first and one is charged with second. People who are charged with murder get out on bail,” said McCullough. “It’s not an absolute prohibition.”

https://www.trailtim...-young-sisters/

Sebastien Normandin, who is facing two charges of attempted murder, jumped bail by flying to England on Oct. 21, and then carrying on to France.

That information was revealed Friday in Victoria provincial court as Crown prosecutor Jess Patterson applied to have the $5,000 cash deposit on Normandin’s bail forfeited.

https://www.timescol...ance-1.23104560

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 May 2019 - 03:49 PM.

#11086 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,563 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

This seems like the best thread to post this. I received my 2019 property tax notice from the CoV today and my taxes are up 22.5%!  :eek: Thanks Lisa.  :mad:

#11087 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

This seems like the best thread to post this. I received my 2019 property tax notice from the CoV today and my taxes are up 22.5%!  :eek: Thanks Lisa.  :mad:

but but but wasn't one of her campaign promises about not raising taxes above inflation?

• Nparker likes this

#11088 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

is some of that big increase crd/sewage? can you compare at that level?

#11089 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,563 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

is some of that big increase crd/sewage? can you compare at that level?

I'll dig into the breakdown in more detail and comment in a more appropriate thread.

#11090 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,504 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

🚔Drug dealer caught, weapons and cash seized🚔

On May 10th 2019 the West Shore RCMP’s Crime Reduction Unit, executed several search warrants on a residential property located on Moyes Road near Treanor Ave in Langford.

The Crime Reduction Unit has been working on targeting drug dealers in the West Shore. In this particular investigation, they executed two search warrants and arrested one male in his 30’s for drug Trafficking, Breach of Recognizance as well as Theft Under $5000.

The search warrant lead to the seizure of over $1200 cash, over 43 grams of crack cocaine, 175 grams of methamphetamine, 5.5 grams of fentanyl, drug packaging materials and a number of fake prescription drugs that are suspected to be opioids. The Crime Reduction Unit also seized a prohibited conducted energy weapon and bear spray.

The individual arrested is well known to police as a chronic offender and has been arrested previously for drug trafficking related offences. Getting drugs and weapons off the streets is a priority for the unit, said Cst. De Grey of the West Shore RCMP Crime Reduction Unit.

If you have information regarding drug trafficking call and report it to the West Shore RCMP at 250-474-2264 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11091 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,563 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

The individual arrested is well known to police as a chronic offender and has been arrested previously for drug trafficking related offences

And odds are they'll be back in business shortly.

#11092 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 999 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Clearly, one of the things we don't get for those extra taxes is a downtown core in which we feel safe to walk around. I and a number of people I know take longer routes to avoid certain areas, but one still doesn't exactly feel safe.

Presumably, at some point, voters will figure out that having a local government who doesn't like either the police or laws is maybe not a good thing. And I know there are those who figure that as long as it doesn't happen to them it's not real, but if, or rather when, things get bad enough, presumably there will come a point where voters acknowledge that everyone has the fundamental right to be safe and respected. And that is not a right wing point of view. It's a basic, perhaps THE most basic human right.
  • A Girl is No one likes this

#11093 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,563 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

...everyone has the fundamental right to be safe and respected. And that is not a right wing point of view. It's a basic, perhaps THE most basic human right.

You labour under the misapprehension that CoV council cares about all citizens equally.

• mbjj, Midnightly and Cassidy like this

#11094 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 999 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

You labour under the misapprehension that CoV council cares about all citizens equally.

True. If the mayor and Isitt Nation don't have polling data identifying you as a likely voter, you're out of luck. Their entire strategy is to stay elected and keep their jobs. They only care about other people in terms of their usefulness in terms of getting elected, I suspect. Hence, homelessness and drug addiction get worse, dealers thrive, etc simply to help the current crew keep their jobs.
  • Cassidy likes this

#11095 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 3,287 posts

Posted Today, 06:22 AM

44-year-old woman charged after stabbing near Central Saanich

https://www.cheknews...saanich-562262/

that’s a strange headline. one that might be normally reserved for talking about an incident on the ocean. the actual location is included in the story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users