Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:38 PM

I assume they're pulling the quick change scam

#15482 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:43 PM

Here is something I had absolutely no idea about. Years before his infamous Vancouver murder spree Olson scammed Victorians. It's creepy to think he was here when I was a kid.

Untitled-1.gif

#15483 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:18 PM

Here is something I had absolutely no idea about. Years before his infamous Vancouver murder spree Olson scammed Victorians. It's creepy to think he was here when I was a kid.

Nice find - not for capital punishment myself, but I did breathe a sigh of relief when dear old Clifford passed away in 2011.

#15484 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:20 AM

Physiotherapist pleads guilty to secretly recording four women

A Victoria physiotherapist has pleaded guilty to secretly observing and recording four women last year.

Gilles-Phillippe Joseph Alle Lavoie appeared by video in Victoria provincial court on Friday and pleaded guilty to unlawfully and surreptitiously observing or visually recording four women “where those people could be expected to be nude or to be engaged in explicit sexual activity in circumstances where they had a reasonable expectation of privacy.”

^ not much story there.  but i've taken the liberty to find more.  here:

A former massage therapist in Saanich is facing a voyeurism charge after he was arrested on Aug. 10.

Gilles-Phillipe Lavoie, 48, has been charged with one count of secretly observe/record nudity in a private place. He is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 25 after a court appearance in October.

Saanich police said on Aug. 10, an incident was reported to them.

Lavoie, who was conducting his practice at a clinic in Saanich, was arrested that same day. He was later released with conditions and a court date in early October.

https://www.cheknews...-charge-718640/

Saanich police say they are still investigating and this is believed to be a single incident.

^ guess that part turned out to be wrong and thus the reason he's in jail now.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 June 2021 - 11:21 AM.

#15485 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:06 PM

Theft from Auto in Saanich

thumbnail_T-Parking-Right_20210526_06152

Saanich Police are looking to identify this suspect who on May 25th, broke into a work van in the 3000 block of Tennyson Ave and stole several hundreds of dollars of items out of the back.

If you recognize this suspect and you want to tell us his name anonymously, please call us at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a tip online by clicking the ‘Submit A Tip’ button above.

SA #21-11648

#15486 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:28 PM

“ stole several hundreds of dollars of items out of the back.”

not so sure about that grammar.

#15487 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:50 PM

Still better grammar than your average Realtor.

• Brayvehart and Victoria Watcher like this

#15488 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:25 PM

Saanich massage therapist pleads guilty to secretly video recording four women

June 11, 2021

A Saanich massage therapist has pleaded guilty to secretly recording four women and one of his victims is speaking out in hope of protecting others.

Marion Brulot says her world exploded last year after she found out that she had been secretly videotaped by Gilles-Philippe Lavoie while the two of them were being intimate.

Massage-Therapist-468x294.png

“I was in the Thrifty’s parking lot. and I howled. I sobbed for an hour. I couldn’t move. I had to get my sister to pick up my daughter.”

brulot.png

#15489 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:35 PM

^ seems like a lot of freaks.

she was "being intimate" with her message therapist?

the whole thing is crazy.  abnormal people maybe.

#15490 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:42 PM

I gathered from the story (and the photo) that she was in a relationship with Lavoie, until she found out what he was up to.

#15491 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:43 PM

Witnesses & Information Sought After Statue Vandalized At Legislature During Protest

Date: Friday, June 11, 2021 - File: #21-23008

Victoria, BC – Investigators are asking for witnesses and those with information to come forward after a statue was vandalized during a protest at the B.C. Legislative Assembly.

At approximately 2:30 p.m. this afternoon, during a protest gathering at the B.C. Legislative Assembly, a group of people moved to the Queen Victoria statue on the north side of the Legislature grounds and vandalized it with red paint.

Tree-Queen-1024x576.jpg

The damage to the statue is being assessed.

Safe, peaceful and lawful protest is permitted under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Vandalism is not.

This incident remains under investigation. Witnesses and those with information about this incident are invited to come forward.

If you have any information about this incident please call the VicPD Report Desk at (250) 995-7654 extension 1. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

#15492 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:21 PM

She was being intimate in the Thrifty's parking lot?

• Matt R. and FawltyVic like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#15493 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, that whole story was oddly written. I also thought "Thrifty's parking lot?" but then I considered that may have been where she was when she found out about the video-ing, not the actual venue of the bonk in question. But who knows?

#15494 FawltyVic

FawltyVic
  • 396 posts
  • LocationGreater Victoria

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:32 PM

Sure. Thrifty's parking lot is the new Cattle Point.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#15495 FawltyVic

FawltyVic
  • 396 posts
  • LocationGreater Victoria

Posted 12 June 2021 - 04:38 AM

^ seems like a lot of freaks.

the whole thing is crazy.  abnormal people maybe.

I read a couple of news articles.

It turns out the woman was in a relationship and living with this man. The guy is a real dirt-bag:

“I was devastated. I’m the survivor of years of sexual abuse and sexual assault. I told him that’s why I didn’t want him to videotape us and yet he did it because he had a phone and he felt like it.”

Brulot had to go to the police station to identify herself and Lavoie on the video. She watched, on the video, as Lavoie hid the phone in the bedroom, made sure there was nothing blocking the view, then called her into the room.

https://www.timescol...deos-1.24329654

#15496 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:21 AM

Edmonton man starts randomly smashing vehicle windows with a hammer.

Help Us Find Dog, Lost After Random Attack

Date: Saturday, June 12, 2021

File: 21-23051

Victoria, BC – Officers are asking for your help in reuniting a victim of a random violent attack with her dog, which ran away during an incident in Victoria yesterday.

Shortly before 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 11th, Patrol officers were called to the 500-block of Pembroke Street for a report that a man smashed the driver’s side window of a van with a hammer while the occupant and her dog were inside. Officers attended immediately and located the suspect near the intersection of Pembroke and Government streets. Officers arrested the man without further incident.

Officers learned that the incident began when the suspect was heard screaming on the street in the 500-block of Pembroke Street. He then smashed the windows of a parked vehicle behind the victim’s van with a hammer.

The victim attempted to flee the scene in her van. However, the suspect began smashing her vehicle windows with a hammer. The victim and her dog then fled from her van out of the passenger side, while the van kept moving and collided with an additional parked vehicle. The dog, frightened by the incident, ran away from the scene and has yet to be found. The victim ran to safety and alerted police.

The lost dog is described as a brown Pit Bull named Camper, who wears a pink collar. Camper was last seen running in the 700-block of Government Street shortly after the incident. A photograph of Camper is below.

Officers transported the man to VicPD cells. The suspect, a 40-year-old Edmonton man, faces recommended charges of assault with a weapon and mischief. He was later released with a court date and conditions.

This file remains under investigation.

If you know the whereabouts of Camper, or have information about this incident and have not yet spoken to officers, please call the VicPD Report Desk at (250) 995-7654 extension 1. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15497 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:24 AM

...The suspect, a 40-year-old Edmonton man, faces recommended charges of assault with a weapon and mischief. He was later released with a court date and conditions...

#nojustice

• pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#15498 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:59 AM

No to worry, he will be given free (tax-payer paid) permanent housing in Victoria and at the next PIT census, he will count as a long term Victoria résident.
  • Nparker, Daveyboy, Love the rock and 2 others like this

#15499 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:32 AM

https://twitter.com/...511945198673922

Reconciliation - the Lisa Helps way 

Attached Images

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 3.JPG
  • 4.JPG

Edited by On the Level, 12 June 2021 - 11:34 AM.

#15500 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:27 PM

^ Now they there are pictures showing this was done by FN members, I am glad that the FN community has spoken out against that although they could have done it yesterday before the images were released.

Chances VicPD does anything about it ... zero

Edited by spanky123, 12 June 2021 - 12:29 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users