Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
15924 replies to this topic

#15921 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:06 PM

With more impaired drivers than officers can handle, Victoria police shut roadblock down early

AUGUST 1, 2021

tc-311550-web-e7sbg3wvgaibdes-jpeg.jpeg
Victoria police were overwhelmed by impaired drivers Saturday night at a roadblock near Yates and Wharf streets. 

Victoria police shut down an impaired driving roadblock earlier than they wanted Sunday morning — they simply did not have enough personnel to handle the number of impaired drivers.

The roadblock near the corner of Yates and Wharf streets was shut down around 2 a.m. Sunday, about two hours after it was set up, because officers on scene were too busy to handle any more traffic..

“We got so bogged down in paperwork,” said Const. Stephen Pannekoek, who has been on the traffic detail for six years. “If we’d had a couple of more bodies, we could have kept going because it was hopping.”

#15922 Rob Randall

Rob Randall

BIG TEXAS FORUMER

• 16,104 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:21 PM

“We got so bogged down in paperwork,” said Const. Stephen Pannekoek

Drivers tried to butter him up but got themselves in a sticky situation. Be decisive, never waffle.

• sebberry, Matt R., Bob Fugger and 1 other like this

“I mean I just don’t understand the big Texas part, like maybe he’s from Texas? I want to know the back story.”

#15923 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:18 PM

Drivers tried to butter him up but got themselves in a sticky situation. Be decisive, never waffle.

It just goes to show you: cheaper and way less hassle to leave the car at home and go Dutch on a cab.

#15924 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 19,933 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

It just goes to show you: cheaper and way less hassle to leave the car at home and go Dutch on a cab.

I think you mean.... 'De Dutch'...

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#15925 North Shore

North Shore
  • 1,990 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Be careful rushin' to make pancake jokes - they might fall flatke!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users