Pacific House
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 899 Esquimalt Road
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 9
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, townhome)
Sales status: pre-sales
Pacific House is a concrete collection of one, two, and three-bedroom view homes now selling in Esquimalt, BC.... (view full profile)
Learn more about Pacific House on Citified.ca
Photo

[Esquimalt] Pacific House | 12-storeys | Condos, commercial

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#281 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,897 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:28 AM

If people are throwing firecrackers in there you’d see plenty of evidence of such.

#282 aastra

aastra
  • 21,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 12:15 PM

Wouldn't job site rules oblige them to do a thorough clean-up afterward?

#283 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 57,749 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 12:16 PM

A few burn 🔥 barrels would work.
  • Matt R. likes this

#284 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,897 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:05 PM

Wouldn't job site rules oblige them to do a thorough clean-up afterward?

Yes of course safety first.

#285 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,583 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 11:03 AM

Owners of this project may want to consider support for the GMC Projects proposal kitty-corner from the development site.

If approved, it will make a significant difference to this part of Esquimalt. Council can be emailed at council@esquimalt.ca

26-storey landmark proposed for Esquimalt could deliver Capital Region’s largest public amenity contribution

https://victoria.cit...y-contribution/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#286 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 12:52 PM

Very curious to see how things play out tonight with the Carlton club development. Lots of hate online as per usual from the neighbours. It’s the typical “I understand there is a housing crisis BUT…” that we see all too often.

There’s been reports seemingly every other day of people breaking into the development at night and stealing/vandalizing the property. It’s not particularly well secured and I don’t think the cameras are much or a deterrent. Last night two people were apparently arrested after being witnesses stealing tools and damaging the property by a neighbour.
  • DavidSchell likes this

#287 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,820 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 May 2024 - 12:26 PM

Slow progress, but I don't mind. Hoping for lower interest rates next year :) 

20240512_093041_resized.jpg

20240512_092824_resized.jpg

20240512_092843_resized.jpg

• Nparker and DavidSchell like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#288 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 May 2024 - 08:47 PM

Slow progress, but I don't mind. Hoping for lower interest rates next year :)

attachicon.gif 20240512_093041_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif 20240512_092824_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif 20240512_092843_resized.jpg

It really has ground down to a bit of a snails pace since they were denied, not really sure what’s going on. They started making progress on the townhomes and that works been stalled out for probably a month now, very odd. At this point I’d be shocked if they can actually finish this before the end of the year as originally planned and according to the most recent communication, still on track. I know they have faced some engineering issues with the windows and glass, I also know another superintendent on site recently left. 

I’m indifferent towards the delays - I’d rather they take their time and iron out any issues than blow through it and leave the deficiencies for the strata and owners to deal with. 

• DavidSchell likes this

#289 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,583 posts

Posted 17 May 2024 - 07:24 AM

It is unlikely to be completed in 2024. I would budget mid-2025.
  • DavidSchell and nrtphotos like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#290 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 May 2024 - 04:05 PM

It is unlikely to be completed in 2024. I would budget mid-2025.

Yeah, I think they would have to triple the crew doing the main building and speed run the townhouse construction to make it happen this year. I’d really like to see possession before March. 

#291 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:50 PM

Got a notice the roof will be poured soon and at some point after that all owners are invited to a roof top social event.
  • nrtphotos likes this

#292 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,820 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 May 2024 - 09:00 AM

Got a notice the roof will be poured soon and at some point after that all owners are invited to a roof top social event.

Hmmm, I didn't get a notice.

#293 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 May 2024 - 11:06 AM

Hmmm, I didn't get a notice.

It was an Instagram post. 

https://www.instagra...VW/?img_index=1

One of our most exciting updates to date!

Progress at Pacific House is advancing remarkably.

We will be standing on the concrete roof on the tower side by the end of the month, and we are thrilled to announce a celebratory rooftop event in coming month.

Edited by DavidSchell, 20 May 2024 - 11:08 AM.

#294 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,820 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 June 2024 - 04:20 PM

Finally some concrete on the townhomes.

20240615_200735_resized.jpg

• DavidSchell likes this

#295 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 01:17 PM

Finally some concrete on the townhomes.

20240615_200735_resized.jpg

Yeah, not sure why they paused so much for the last 6-8 weeks on this end - it was basically at a standstill. I went past on Saturday just in time for the site safety officer to start screaming at the crew to stop work as they weren’t wearing harnesses and had seemingly no awareness of the crane moving forms above them - she actually sent all of them home. I know WorkSafe has been here frequently. I’ve noticed too that they’ve installed glass in some units, mine has a nice big dent in one of the frames, really happy about that..

Definitely hard to imagine any way of this being done this year as originally promised, hasn’t been any communication from them on a delay either.

#296 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,583 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 04:01 PM

Yes, I think it's going to be a 2025 completion at this pace.

• nrtphotos likes this

Know it all.

#297 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 02:05 PM

IMG_0310.jpeg

This is the subcontractor hired to do the steel and rebar work on the site. This is related to the stair collapse a few months ago, WorkSafe has no levied penalties against this contractor and I suspect more are coming for Lexi and Cobrafer related to this incident. I would strongly suspect that EGBC is investigating this too. The paperwork related to this file was quite a read to put it very lightly… 

Additionally, as we all suspected construction is now officially behind schedule as per the most recent amendment. ETA is now January-March 2025, I suspect this will turn into Spring of 2025. 

#298 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 02:33 PM

Failing to include rebar in the pouring of concrete stairs seems like a pretty big mistake.

• nrtphotos likes this

#299 nrtphotos

nrtphotos
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 02:53 PM

Failing to include rebar in the pouring of concrete stairs seems like a pretty big mistake.

Yes, I truly can’t comprehend how none of the carpenters, foreman, site superintendents, engineers and concrete operator didn’t flag this when it was being poured or beforehand. There’s a ton of people around when they are doing pours. You would think someone would have noticed something was missing, apparently not. 

The report I saw was basically full of finger pointing or not responding/ignoring the investigators. Not a good look. 

• Nparker likes this

#300 HarrisonGreene

HarrisonGreene
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 06:41 PM

I wonder where else they forgot to use rebar.

• Nparker and phx like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users