Photo

COVID ECONOMICS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4570 replies to this topic

#2001 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 02:21 PM

Actually there are tons of absolutes in this world. Gravity, the speed of light and the fact that the vaccine doesn’t contain mind controlling nanobots - or do you disagree?

A girl is No one - do you believe that the world wide vaccine strategy is a coordinated attempt at mind control? Do you believe the vaccine is designed to kill everyone who gets it or to control their mind? This is a lot of what TFord shares along with other conspiracy theorists.

Why do you believe the sniper is a modern day hero? Lots of people who don’t want to be vaccinated are speaking out - so why is this guy a hero? If anything the real expose is how was such a person allowed to be in situations where he has a high powered scope rifle and be positioned above the PM with a clear shot to kill him? I’m sorry, but when you’re in a Prime Minister or President’s security detail there is zero room for people with strong political/social opinions. They need to function as effectively and unbiased as precision machines - you can’t hope they won’t be influenced by their strongly held views - for example, this guy is ‘angry’ at the PM. The fact that he did an ‘expose interview’ with a conspiracy theory website shows he is a ‘clear and present danger’ in his current role.

Was there no inkling of his opinions or political leanings prior to this? Does the RCMP not do extensive and ongoing screening of people in the most crucial security role in the country? The second anyone in that role expressed any hesitancy in getting vaccinated they should have been reassigned immediately. Yes, public servants can have strongly held opinions or views, but not the guy with the rifle in his hands overlooking the PM.

I think you need to relax. There’s a ton of room between the two extremes you mention, and I hope you know that, otherwise I really feel sorry for you.

I have no idea what TFord’s opinion is, I don’t visit the COVID topic. So don’t jump to conclusions.

Thalidomide prescriptions for pregnant women was not a conspiracy but it was a very clear case of a bad policy having serious consequences on people’s lives. Forced sterilization of mentally handicapped people? Internment of Japanese people during the Second World War? Maybe even residential schools? All were done in the name of « greater good ». We just didn’t know their impacts then and we apologize and repent for these grave errors today- and rightfully so. By pretending that we know everything now, we are doomed to repeat the same kind of horrible mistakes.

I’m just saying that it’s important to keep questioning - in fact, that is the crux of the scientific approach. And it’s important not to muffle those who are speaking up IMO.

I’m out. Thanks.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#2002 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 27 October 2021 - 03:15 PM

I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions if you didn't call this cop a 'hero'. Which I assume meant you visited the link and knew what it was all about.

More often than not people who would call this person a hero are conspiracy theorists and/or extremists. Or have an irrational hatred for Justin Trudeau. If none of the above apply to you - congratulations.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#2003 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:58 PM

tsa.jpg

• Brayvehart and TFord like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2004 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,032 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:06 PM

^ a whole bunch of false equivalents pranced out by a simpleton.

Doesn’t advance either side.

#2005 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:22 PM

Calm down! I think we are still allowed to have different opinions aren’t we?

We don’t live in a world of absolutes, so it’s important to consider everything. People are free to make up their own minds. No one owns the truth in such a complex world.

It’s easy enough to see how often and how seriously governments throughout history - and we don’t have to go back far in history- have got things terribly wrong, despite often good intentions.

I am fascinated by Zoomer's response. He basically requested censorship against a narrative he doesn't want to see or hear. He should move to China, he would feel right at home there! Better still take a job with Google.

Thanks Mike for the reasonable response. I remain open minded to what was said in the interview. I also believe we will learn in the coming months that 20-30% of the adult population in Canada, have declined this particular vaccine. 

That would equate to around 6 to 10 million folk you would like to see silenced Zoomer. No fool like an old fool I guess

TFord 

Edited by TFord, 27 October 2021 - 08:25 PM.

#2006 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:33 PM

If you carefully read my comment TFord you would see I did not request censorship of your right to spread false information. I merely requested instructions on how I alone could personally block seeing your posts. Good day sir.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#2007 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:50 PM

Actually there are tons of absolutes in this world. Gravity, the speed of light and the fact that the vaccine doesn’t contain mind controlling nanobots - or do you disagree?

A girl is No one - do you believe that the world wide vaccine strategy is a coordinated attempt at mind control? Do you believe the vaccine is designed to kill everyone who gets it or to control their mind? This is a lot of what TFord shares along with other conspiracy theorists.

Why do you believe the sniper is a modern day hero? Lots of people who don’t want to be vaccinated are speaking out - so why is this guy a hero? If anything the real expose is how was such a person allowed to be in situations where he has a high powered scope rifle and be positioned above the PM with a clear shot to kill him? I’m sorry, but when you’re in a Prime Minister or President’s security detail there is zero room for people with strong political/social opinions. They need to function as effectively and unbiased as precision machines - you can’t hope they won’t be influenced by their strongly held views - for example, this guy is ‘angry’ at the PM. The fact that he did an ‘expose interview’ with a conspiracy theory website shows he is a ‘clear and present danger’ in his current role.

Was there no inkling of his opinions or political leanings prior to this? Does the RCMP not do extensive and ongoing screening of people in the most crucial security role in the country? The second anyone in that role expressed any hesitancy in getting vaccinated they should have been reassigned immediately. Yes, public servants can have strongly held opinions or views, but not the guy with the rifle in his hands overlooking the PM.

When the dust settles I expect to hear from you Zoomer.  It's true I have a problem with this mrna vaccine, I am not alone. 

I am PRO VACCINE!  everyone of these doctors on this Round table panel is PRO VACCINE! I have a problem with this vaccine, and how it has been approved without trials. Watch and you will understand why. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=4IeVy7jQoz0

This is not a conspiracy video, it's incredibly factual  (it may go over your head Zoomer, so go back to the hockey)  - One of these Doctors successfully treated Joe Rogan for Covid. I read in the media? he also treated 200 hundred members of congress.

TFord 

#2008 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:56 PM

If you carefully read my comment TFord you would see I did not request censorship of your right to spread false information. I merely requested instructions on how I alone could personally block seeing your posts. Good day sir.

You are mistaken. "We" does not pertain to just you. Anyway crack on old bean, It's all good, I enjoy your posts. 

Mike and mods - are there any plans to upgrade the software so we can block certain members posts? I’m getting tired of reading crap posts from TFord and others. Yes, I could ignore them, but I’d rather not have to wade through the mud as it’s getting knee deep in here some days.

TFord

#2009 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:06 PM

'We' means you can block me! And everyone can block anyone else they chose to! Democracy! Goodness, I surely hope others don't block you :)

Crack on old bean? I'm guessing you're 92 years old and are old enough to be my father or grandfather. So I should pay you more respect. But hey, if you enjoy my posts I'll keep on entertaining you and perhaps hold off the block afterall. Cheerio T Ford!
  • TFord likes this

#2010 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:11 PM

Publicly announcing you’re blocking someone is a little dramatic, don’t you think?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2011 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:18 PM

It's all entertainment Mike, meant to drive up the ratings - people love controversy don't they?
  • Brayvehart and TFord like this

#2012 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:19 PM

Publicly announcing you’re blocking someone is a little dramatic, don’t you think?

Mike 

I'm not insulted or offended in any way by Zoomer's comments, and the healthy banter makes for a great blog. 

TFord

ps

A girl is no one, your comments and responses to the various points were brilliant. I wish I could write as eloquently.

• zoomer likes this

#2013 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:31 PM

It's all entertainment Mike, meant to drive up the ratings - people love controversy don't they?

It is, but nobody likes it when things get weird.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2014 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:37 PM

An unexpected late night turn - Zoomer and T Ford combine forces and launch an all out assault on the capitalist system that is enslaving and brain washing the population!

Fundraising campaign has begun online with $40 t-shirts, two choices immediately available "Vaccinate This!" (complete with downward arrow) or "Kiss Me, I'm Vaccinated” (T Ford is getting that one).

#2015 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:43 PM

:cheers:

TFord

• zoomer likes this

#2016 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:47 PM

Taking on capitalism by selling stuff.

Shouldn’t you be self-financing your pursuit, and giving t-shirts away?

Know it all.

#2017 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:50 PM

I don't believe everything I read in this UK rag but this headline got my attention! 

https://www.dailymai...h-rates-US.html

What the hell is happening? Are we being duped? Just yesterday I was reading about success of the anti-lockdown measures taken in some of the Nordic regions. 

Read the responses at the bottom of the article, crazy.

TFord 

#2018 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:47 AM

There’s so much visual clutter in that link I can’t even find the comments.

Know it all.

#2019 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:20 AM

When the dust settles I expect to hear from you Zoomer.  It's true I have a problem with this mrna vaccine, I am not alone. 

I am PRO VACCINE!  everyone of these doctors on this Round table panel is PRO VACCINE! I have a problem with this vaccine, and how it has been approved without trials. Watch and you will understand why. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=4IeVy7jQoz0

This is not a conspiracy video, it's incredibly factual  (it may go over your head Zoomer, so go back to the hockey)  - One of these Doctors successfully treated Joe Rogan for Covid. I read in the media? he also treated 200 hundred members of congress.

TFord 

What you might want to do here is a little research on these 'doctors'.  A lot of the things they are saying is accurate about being healthy, eating right etc.  It's all good and people should do that n matter what.  To suggest the doctor who treat Joe Rogan with like 8 treatments and the 200 hundred members of congress (not sure I believe that) should be the model in how everyone was treated is ridiculous.  Those are the rich and paid a ton for those treatments..  You really think Rogan, who is quite fit etc. would have died or even been hospitalized without these treatments?  You got to remember millions have had covid and never were treated survived after a few days of being sick like Rogan did...  Anyway these docs are quite maligned in their field for the most part.  The video doesn't introduce them well but I tried to get most of the names and its not impressive...  Plus no counter to any of it..  they mostly just all agree, even the psychiatrist on there.

Oh and look into American Frontline Doctors (AFLD).. One of the doctors at least involved in this group.

Edited by Ismo07, 28 October 2021 - 10:37 AM.

#2020 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:15 PM

Pfizer is coming out soon with their own version of ivermectin. In a few months taking horse de-wormer will be a must-do, if you're serious about your health. But for now, Joe Rogan is a dummy for having taken horse de-wormer.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users