2021 Canadian General Election and term discussion

• Please log in to reply
2812 replies to this topic

#1441 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:23 PM

But just like the Emergencies Act, the law doesn't apply to them.... 

#1442 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:00 PM

Miller is the sarcastic lawyer haha. He can hardly contain himself. 

#1443 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:04 PM

Apparently they were looking at the emergencies act from the start of the pandemic.... 

#1444 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:05 PM

Like salivating dogs waiting for a special treat.
  • dasmo likes this

#1445 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:07 PM

PMO said that to excuse the talking about it in her notes. To try to brush it off... She had a very poor memory. Her brain must be like the sea of black that the redacted notes of her meeting look like. 

#1446 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:57 PM

Looks like no threat assessment was considered. At least no document was shared at the meeting. Clever lawyer. They had been blocking this via attorney client privilege's and cabinet privilege. So she asked not about the facts themselves but if facts were presented.  They couldn't answer yes. Good move. So basically admitting that it was their opinion.... 

#1447 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:56 PM

TOMORROW IS TRUDEAU! 

#1448 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:06 PM

Unless he takes a long weekend in Tofino or tests positive for Covid again.

• Matt R. likes this

#1449 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:08 PM

Unless he takes a long weekend in Tofino or tests positive for Covid again.

It's getting tight. I gave 2 - 1 odds before that he would dodge it. Now I give it 1.2 - 1. 

#1450 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:24 PM

IMG_6196.JPG

• Nparker, kjf, phx and 3 others like this

#1451 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 07:29 PM

Isn't our economic security threatened by shutting down/impeding our oil and gas industry?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1452 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 07:33 PM

Yes

#1453 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 09:57 AM

Police operational plan.... Trudeau: "you should read it".  Plan: ALL Black. Redacted. Trudeau: "I haven't read it" Trudeau: "I can testify that it wasn't a complete plan". So comfortable lying. 

#1454 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:25 AM

“I can testify that we never thought of buying 10 tow trucks and just getting the army/qualified people to operate them”.

Which would have been the correct solution.

The good news is that should we require an actual insurrection here in this country, it’ll be super easy.

#1455 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:55 AM

It's getting tight. I gave 2 - 1 odds before that he would dodge it. Now I give it 1.2 - 1. 

He's got a scapegoat in CSIS now, I think...

#1456 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:15 AM

The CBC took the time to publish a front page story about Kanye West and the growing issue of antisemitism. They focused on Alex Jones and Dave Chappell in their piece, too. Here it is: https://www.cbc.ca/n...dcast-1.6671015

But somehow, they forgot this, which the National Post had to publish:

A Liberal cabinet minister, the leader of the Green Party and MPs from all other parties attended an event earlier this week that hosted the publisher of a newspaper known to publish Holocaust denialism and with a long history of publishing antisemitic content.

The event, held on Tuesday, known as International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, was hosted by Toronto-area Liberal MP Salma Zahid, chair of the Canada-Palestine Parliamentary Friendship Group.

Nazih Khatatba, publisher at Meshwar Media, was present as an invited guest. His newspaper, al-Meshwar, has claimed the Holocaust was a Jewish plot, and has referred to it as a “holohoax.”

MPs photographed at the event include Green Party Leader Elizabeth May, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra, Liberal MP Sameer Zuberi, NDP MPs Niki Ashton, Blake Desjarlais, Lindsay Mathyssen and Matthew Green, and Bloc MPs Denis Trudel and Mario Beaulieu. Conservative MP Larry Brock told the National Post that he also attended the event.

Meshwar Media has a history of publishing antisemitic and anti-Israel articles and opinion pieces, including celebrating last week’s Jerusalem bombing attack that killed 16-year-old Canadian-Israeli Aryeh Schupak.

In November 2017, an article published in the al-Meshwar newspaper claimed the Holocaust was a Jewish plot, claiming banks associated with the “Zionist movement” funded Adolf Hitler’s rise to power in the 1930s.

Earlier that same year, Khatatba gave an interview on a Rogers TV program, urging Canadians to “not believe the fairy tales claiming Jews have suffered oppression.”

- https://nationalpost...caust-denialism

So I ask you, as Canadians. Which news piece is more relevant to you, as a Canadian? Which one do you think is the more important one, and which one is the distraction?

Now don’t get me wrong, the Kanye story is relevant to some degree but it’s just the latest ridiculousness from someone who clearly has some issues, obviously.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1457 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:27 AM

Remind me again why we should care about anything Kanye West says?

• Matt R., lanforod and JimV like this

#1458 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:31 AM

^ exactly. He makes no sense at the best of times.
  • Nparker and lanforod like this

#1459 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:33 AM

Because it’s a great distraction.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1460 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:36 AM

Wasn't distraction the reason people voted for Trudeau?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users