Photo

Langford and West Shore | 2022-2026 municipal term discussion

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#341 HappyValleyGirl

HappyValleyGirl
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 08:30 AM

I guess it depends on what you mean by operators.

#342 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 08:52 AM

The public just wants to know who started Langford Voters, and who operates it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#343 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 08:53 AM

And then dox them.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 March 2023 - 08:54 AM.

• amor de cosmos and Matt R. like this

#344 HappyValleyGirl

HappyValleyGirl
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 08:58 AM

And then dox them.

This is precisely the problem.

Edited by HappyValleyGirl, 17 March 2023 - 08:58 AM.

• Kilo95 likes this

#345 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:10 AM

Considering Mr. Stirling threatened to "talk to their bosses" of the admins on his show today I'm not going to get too specific on this. He seems unhinged and it's not a stretch to envision him going through everything the admins have ever posted online and doxing them.

Yes, there is some overlap between the creator/admins of the group and Langford Now.

hahahaha "I'm not going to get too specific on this."

This is exactly why Adam is doing what he's doing, should continue, and has my and so many other folks' support. This infantile, disrespectful BS (another e.g. "the Victoria slate is a conspiracy theory") deserves sunlight and all the abuse it gets.

Langord is learning, like Victoria is suffering, that despite all the lying, yes... we did elect NDP toadys, all auditioning for the office they so richly deserve. 

• Nparker likes this

#346 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:12 AM

like the total-destruction victoria group did time and again to so many vulnerable people in 2016, 2020... populists reap what they sow.

#347 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:22 AM

I voted for the NDP, once, and I'm ashamed of myself. I can't write the words to describe how I feel about this populist, provincial nightmare of a party... I'll never forgive them for what they've done to my community, by bad policy, and neglect.

In addition, I'm waiting 7 months now for an MRI for something that is affecting my life. I'm guessing John had his in record time.

Eby's done almost nothing to fix the health care issues and looking at his budgets, guessing he doesn't care. His latest moves have the air of desperation, and rightly so. 

But the thing that motivates me to volunteer countless hours the next chance there is... is the cynical, cruel use of our cities as playschool, farm teams for the nakedly ambitious true believers. These people obviously care little for our community, have the capacity for endless justification (just recent examples: "we're not going to tell you who LV are", Caradonna posting his signs weeks before it was legal) and, like our hopeless NDP MP, will just cost us money in bad policy and elections to fill their seats.

Look, Eby actually used the words "leader" to describe Helps when he gave her the job. Mindblowing. I hired, developed, trained, fired, evaluated, quantified, measured, leaders for 20 years. Using that word and her name in the same sentence is breathtakingly hard to reconcile.

• Nparker, LJ, mbjj and 2 others like this

#348 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:25 AM

A lack of transparency is what Langford Voters said was an issue with the previous council, and it was touted as integral to democracy.

If the group sought transparency, why deny it when transparency is asked if it?
  • martini likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#349 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:27 AM

A lack of transparency is what Langford Voters said was an issue with the previous council, and it was touted as integral to democracy.

I can answer tis one... because now it's not convenient.

So pathetic.

Just be honest ffs.

#350 HappyValleyGirl

HappyValleyGirl
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 10:26 AM

This has been answered by the admins several times. Threatening to dox and go to people's employers only serves to entrench and justify that admins' position on this.

#351 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:04 AM

Politics is not a smokescreen, and its integrity lies with the integrity of those who engage in it.

In other words, you can’t hide behind the threat of a “dox” when a fundamental expectation of politics is to be transparent about who you are (ie there should be no reason for a “dox” because the identities of key individuals are already known). That the group is doing this is weak, and it might relate to how precarious and/or disingenuous the situation really is, if the public were to know who was/is pulling the strings.
  • Stephen James likes this

Know it all.

#352 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:53 AM

Politics is not a smokescreen, and its integrity lies with the integrity of those who engage in it.

In other words, you can’t hide behind the threat of a “dox” when a fundamental expectation of politics is to be transparent about who you are (ie there should be no reason for a “dox” because the identities of key individuals are already known). That the group is doing this is weak, and it might relate to how precarious and/or disingenuous the situation really is, if the public were to know who was/is pulling the strings.

Votes counted were all Langford votes though right?

#353 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 12:11 PM

Was there also an issue of non-Langford residents voting in the Langford election?

Know it all.

#354 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 12:56 PM

Was there also an issue of non-Langford residents voting in the Langford election?

No I don't think so... So nothing untoward happened...  The concern seems to be residents outside Langford were door knocking?  Who cares about that, voters came out and voted, this is what we want everywhere to increase the vote.  Certainly Langford voters didn't go cause they all thought there would be no change, so what's the point right.  Maybe this will bring out more next time if all these people you say are unhappy.  Maybe they will vote.

#355 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 12:58 PM

Neither the voters who voted, nor who door knocked, are at issue.

Know it all.

#356 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 02:02 PM

Neither the voters who voted, nor who door knocked, are at issue.

There are no issues...

#357 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 06:41 AM

Transparency is never a bad thing when it comes to politics.

Look at all of the foreign election activities that are coming out now regarding the federal and Vancouver municipal elections. The public deserves to know who is involved in voter engagement in their communities.
  • Stephen James and Barrrister like this

Know it all.

#358 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 09:41 AM

Stirling has uncovered a connection to Langford’s new politics and Victoria’s former highest vote-grossing councillor: https://twitter.com/...LNt72cvXf0yWpgg
  • martini likes this

Know it all.

#359 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 10:11 AM

I'm shocked! (said no one).

#360 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 10:47 AM

well-spoken and, i fear, utterly unintelligible to any marxist who justifies populist rhetoric by saying "we're doing the work of the righteous!"

The tragedy, to me, of this self-referential, self-interest is it's a barrier to collaboration, or cooperation. In fact, this is the cruelty of the true-believers... they have no interest, or ability, to cooperate or collaborate. There is only one true way to thing, to feel.

(I wonder if this immaturity is a result of being raised in the internet, or social media, but it doesn't matter... the result will be the same. )

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)