Concerts in Victoria + region + music industry news

• Please log in to reply
1685 replies to this topic

#1681 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,558 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:29 AM

Metric has announced a Canadian tour with July Talk. They'll be at the arena on April 17, 2019. Pre-sale starts tomorrow (code = artofdoubt), general sale starts Friday. Pricing not available yet.

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#1682 Wayne

Wayne
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:48 AM

For the Corey Hart fans.

He made (in March) the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...-fame-1.4980054

Edited by Wayne, 16 January 2019 - 08:50 AM.

#1683 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Showtime Australia presents this spectacular music tribute and full-scale stage production honouring the one and only King of Pop. The Michael Jackson HIStory Show returns to the Royal Theatre, J​uly 19 at 7:00 PM.

As an RMTS OnStage subscriber, you are invited to purchase discounted tickets before they go on sale to the public on J​anuary 18 at 10​:00​ AM. Early bird discounted pricing in effect until F​ebruary 28 at 11​:59​ PM.

Beginning J​anuary 16 at 10:​00​ AM until J​anuary 17 at 11:​59​ PM, simply click on the image below and enter the promo code MJHSPS to purchase your advance tickets.

#1684 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:23 AM

Settling in after getting back from the Chris Cornell tribute concert at the Forum in LA. To say the event was star studded would be an understatement, and there were some surprises for me such as Adam Levine and Miley Cyrus being really good!

Last song was performed by Soundgarden with Peter Frampton joining what’s left of the original line up. It was just that kind of night.

Matt.
  • Wayne and thundergun like this

#1685 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 8,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Here's a nice writeup about the show:

http://ultimateclass...og-soundgarden/

I never got a chance to see a Soundgarden show. But I remember clearly when their first hit "Loud Love" came out. It was a universe away from anything else at the time. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was still a couple of years away. You have to realize the popular hard rock acts at the time were Poison, Warrant and Bon Jovi. Cool kids didn't listen to those bands anymore after that.

• Wayne likes this

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#1686 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

I recently read about early Nirvana and Sound Garden member Jason Everman, who went on to become and Army Ranger, then special forces operator. Interesting fellow to say the least.

https://en.wikipedia.../Jason_Everman 

• Matt R. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.