Concerts in Victoria + region + music industry news

• Please log in to reply
3054 replies to this topic

#1861 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:19 AM

Interesting that they’re touring again, now that Audioslave is no more. Tom Morello must be hungry for some action.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1862 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:13 AM

He just toured.

Nice to see my tickets are going for ~$1300. Maybe this should be over in the investment ideas thread. :)

Matt.

#1863 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:06 PM

Corb Lund, April 27 Alix Goolden Hall. VIP tickets are still available. :)

Matt.

#1864 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

He just toured.

Nice to see my tickets are going for ~$1300. Maybe this should be over in the investment ideas thread. :)

Matt.

“Since the announcement of our tour, scalpers and broker sites have been listing fake tickets for RATM. We want to do everything we can to protect our fans from predatory scalping and, at the same time, raise a substantial amount of money for charities and activist organizations we support in each city. At many concerts, up to 50% of the seating is scooped up by scalpers and then resold to fans at much higher fees.

“We are doing everything we can to protect 90% of the RATM tickets from scalpers and then WE are holding in reserve 10% of the seating (random seats throughout each venue) to sell at a higher ticket price (but low enough to undercut the scalpers) We will donate 100% OF THE MONEY over the base ticket price to charities and activist organizations IN EACH CITY.

“We are confident this will help many more fans get tickets at face value and put a big dent in the aftermarket gouging. WE HATE SCALPING AS MUCH AS YOU DO and will continue to try to find ways to combat it. Additionally, we are donating all profits from our first three shows to immigrants’ rights organizations and will be supporting multiple charities and activist organizations throughout the tour.”

https://www.ajournal...new-world-tour/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 February 2020 - 07:17 PM.

#1865 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:24 PM

The show is at the Coliseum, which means Ticketleader. You don’t actually get your tickets emailed to you until 48 hours before the show, you can’t transfer them via an app like with ticketmaster, and you can print tickets at home - making buying them privately a much riskier move. I don’t like their system; Ticketmaster or Eventbrite do it much better.

I won’t be selling them anyways, unless something happens and I can’t go.

Matt.

#1866 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

“Since the announcement of our tour, scalpers and broker sites have been listing fake tickets for RATM. We want to do everything we can to protect our fans from predatory scalping and, at the same time, raise a substantial amount of money for charities and activist organizations we support in each city. At many concerts, up to 50% of the seating is scooped up by scalpers and then resold to fans at much higher fees.

“We are doing everything we can to protect 90% of the RATM tickets from scalpers and then WE are holding in reserve 10% of the seating (random seats throughout each venue) to sell at a higher ticket price (but low enough to undercut the scalpers) We will donate 100% OF THE MONEY over the base ticket price to charities and activist organizations IN EACH CITY.

“We are confident this will help many more fans get tickets at face value and put a big dent in the aftermarket gouging. WE HATE SCALPING AS MUCH AS YOU DO and will continue to try to find ways to combat it. Additionally, we are donating all profits from our first three shows to immigrants’ rights organizations and will be supporting multiple charities and activist organizations throughout the tour.”

https://www.ajournal...new-world-tour/

Since they’re playing at Scotiabank Arena, Scotiabank Saddledome, Keybank Center, Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse and Capital One Arena, can’t they ask the banks for a few donations?
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1867 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:02 AM

Former U.S. first lady Michelle Obama will land in Victoria next month as part of the tour for her best-selling memoir, Becoming.

Obama will headline an event at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre on March 31 called A Conversation with Michelle Obama. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 26, at 10 a.m.

https://www.timescol...h-31-1.24082170

#1868 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
Email Header

RANDY BACHMAN AND BURTON CUMMINGS
Together Again
Monday, July 6, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre – Victoria, BC
Tickets on sale Friday, February 28, 2020 at 10 am

RANDY BACHMAN & BURTON CUMMINGS
ANNOUNCE CROSS-CANADA TOUR

TOGETHER AGAIN LIVE IN CONCERT
Celebrating the music of The Guess Who, Bachman Turner Overdrive and Burton Cummings

Canada’s most celebrated musicians and songwriters Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings announced today a cross-Canada reunion tour entitled, Together Again, Live In Concert. Bachman and Cumming return to the stage for this reunion tour for the first time in more than a decade. Together Again, Live In Concert will celebrate the music of The Guess Who, Bachman Turner Overdrive and Burton Cummings.

Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings have written some of the greatest songs of the last 50 years. Together theirs is undoubtedly the Great Canadian Songbook.

These Eyes, Laughing, Undun, No Time, American Woman, No Sugar Tonight, Hand Me Down World, Share The Land, Albert Flasher, Follow Your Daughter Home, Glamour Boy, Star Baby, Clap For The Wolfman, Let It Ride, Takin’ Care Of Business, You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet, Hey You, Looking Out For #1, Stand Tall, I’m Scared, My Own Way To Rock, Break It To Them Gently, Fine State of Affairs, You Saved My Soul – and that’s only some of the dozens of gold and platinum hits between them.

Members of the Canadian Music Hall of Fame, Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, Canadian Broadcasters Hall of Fame, the Canadian Walk of Fame, the first ever inductees into the Prairie Music Hall of Fame, recipients of the Order of Canada, the Order of Manitoba, the Governor-General’s Performance Arts Award and several Broadcast Music Industry awards for over 1 million airplays, Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings made Canadian music international paving the way for every Canadian artist who followed.

Tickets go on sale Friday, February 28 at 10:00 am

Tickets $49.50, $89.50, $119.50

#1869 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

It's crazy that the other two guys somehow have the rights to the Guess Who name.

#1870 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

perhaps they will all get back together for the upcoming coronavirus benefit.  they played the sars concert for the biggest ever canadian concert crowd (450k) in toronto.

#1871 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:33 AM

TOOL. May 29. Rogers Arena.

Matt.

#1872 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

It's crazy that the other two guys somehow have the rights to the Guess Who name.

Especially given Bachmann's TCB approach; strange he let that slip by him.

#1873 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:02 AM

an insider tells me obama ticket sales are going poorly.

#1874 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

Is it possible to move events that sell fewer tickets than expect to alternate venues?

• m3m likes this

Know it all.

#1875 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:15 AM

Not what I am hearing. I have no doubt that the Chamber would have found buyers to cover at least their costs before they locked this down.

I have no issue with Ms. Obama monetizing her fame nor with the Chamber looking to make a few bucks on an event that they believe is worthwhile. What I find highly ironic though is that fully loaded tickets range from $200 to $2,000 and I doubt that anyone with the funds to make that purchase really needs to listen to Ms. Obama tell them about empowerment and struggle. The women who might potentially receive value will be outside the arena while a bunch of young privileged women with wealthy parents and/or grandparents who bought them tickets sit inside.

Edited by spanky123, 27 February 2020 - 11:15 AM.

#1876 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

attachicon.gifscreenshot-selectyourtickets.evenue.net-2020.02.27-09_59_51.png

Weird because I just tried to buy 1 ticket and was told there were none left "at that price level" for the two non-VIP levels.

#1877 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:09 PM

found this no problem.

#1878 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Holy smokes that must be the most expensive event, ever, at the arena.

Know it all.

#1879 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

yes i think that's more expensive than elton john or aerosmith.  and double bill clinton a decade or more ago.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 February 2020 - 03:27 PM.

#1880 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:40 PM

yes i think that's more expensive than elton john or aerosmith. and double bill clinton a decade or more ago.

Yep. $2,000 a ticket is a big premium at any event. Wonder how many of those tickets the taxpayer is covering for CoV or UVIC staff?
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users