Photo

Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1450 replies to this topic

#921 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

Was this proposal ever shared here? http://lexi.house/projects/elegance/ Pretty awesome looking tower for Esquimalt Rd & Head St. 

Have we seen these renderings for this proposal (Pacific House) before? Is there a dedicated thread for this project?

#922 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

^ Yes, Pacific House can be found here: https://vibrantvicto...ercial-proposed

#923 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:12 AM

^ Yes, Pacific House can be found here: https://vibrantvicto...ercial-proposed

I found that right after I made my previous post.  :redface:

#924 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

Have we seen these renderings for this proposal (Pacific House) before? Is there a dedicated thread for this project?

I don’t know why but I have a feeling this project will never happen

#925 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

I don’t know why but I have a feeling this project will never happen

Because it's interesting and modern. On the other hand, it's not in the CoV, does being in Esquimalt help or hurt this proposal?

#926 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Is there a thread/discussion for this proposal at Constance & Miles in Esquimalt?

C&M-1.JPG

C&M-2.JPG

A proposed commercial residential mixed-use building with 109 units and 457 m2 of commercial space.

• RFS, grantpalin and newbie_01 like this

#927 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

That’s awesome. I wish it was on actual Esquimalt Rd though

#928 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Good work, NP! Thread: https://vibrantvicto...oreys-proposed/

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#929 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

Proposed site for 6-story, mixed use development on Upper Shelbourne:

OJBWM4X.png

• Brantastic likes this

#930 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:08 AM

A few more details: https://victoria.cit...lbourne-street/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#931 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:49 PM

I don't know if many eyes are watching but there are quite a few projects undergoing the approval process in the Shelbourne Valley (mutifamily units include)

- 1544 Christmas Avenue (vacant lot near Maudes) 25 units

- Cedar hill and Cedar hill cross intersection (102 units senior by trillium next to adjacent care home)

- 1560 Church Ave (21 units)

- 3819 Shelbourne (58 Units)

- 3949 Shelbourne (78 units)

- 3200 Wordsworth 56 units (approved)

- Shelbourne and stockton (65 and 37 units)

I think the new shelbourne valley action plan has really helped developers. Good to see some solid change coming to the area. Seems to really have been under the radar!

Edited by tiger11, 29 December 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#932 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

And 1588 North Dairy, Abstract’s condo, and the massive redevelopment of the University Heights complex that will deliver about 350-360 rentals.

Know it all.

#933 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

My bad, the Wordsworth is one of the legal addresses (previous to amalgamation) of the Abstract project across from the Mall.  Also I am looking very forward to the UH proposal assuming it resembles anything near to its proposal!

And 1588 North Dairy, Abstract’s condo, and the massive redevelopment of the University Heights complex that will deliver about 350-360 rentals.

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#934 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Does this one have a thread?

https://twowaterscolwood.com/

#935 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

The Marcielo tower in downtown Nanimo.  24 storeys, 78.5 meters

http://marcielo.ca/

They are active on Facebook and really getting into it with NIMBY's in the comments section.

Attached Images

• rendering2-0.jpg

#936 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Now if it only gets built...

#937 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

Some friends of ours just got their tiny three house subdivision through Saanich. Only took eleven months.

Do we seriously still wonder why the cost of housing is so high around here?

#938 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Oh yeah, the delays just get longer, the fees go higher, and meanwhile we have developers dropping projects and heading to other municipalities where they can still make a buck in a reasonable time frame.

~ Jasmine ~

#939 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

A large below market development targetted at Indigenous tenants is planned for Wale Road: https://www.cheknews...colwood-531815/

Apologies if this has already been posted...

#940 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Here's the press release:

COLWOOD – A partnership between the Province, Indigenous housing partners and the City of Colwood will soon provide more than 120 new, affordable rental homes for Indigenous families in the area.

“We know from our intensive work to address long-standing housing issues in B.C. that the struggle to find a good home can be even greater for Indigenous peoples who are overwhelmingly over-represented among people in B.C. experiencing homelessness,” said Mitzi Dean, MLA for Esquimalt-Metchosin. “That’s why we are partnering with Indigenous organizations and municipalities throughout the province to build the homes that Indigenous families need in our community and at prices they can afford.”

The Province is partnering with the Aboriginal Land Trust Society (ALT), Huu-ay-aht First Nations and the City of Colwood to build 124 affordable homes for Indigenous individuals and families at 342 Wale Rd.

“The Aboriginal Land Trust Society was established in part to ensure financial support could be seamlessly secured for the development of much-needed affordable housing throughout the province,” said Claire Marshall, board director, Aboriginal Land Trust Society. “With the addition of the Colwood project into our portfolio, ALT will be a stronger, more efficient and an effective non-profit organization with increased capacity and economies of scale in our operations. This project also represents the opportunity to broaden our scope of service delivery to better serve the needs of our clients.

Aboriginal Land Trust Society will work with Yellowridge Construction to develop the building and partner with the Huu-ay-aht First Nations for tenant selection and ongoing management of the new affordable housing project.

“I am very proud to give our support for this project,” said Chief Robert Dennis, Huu-ay-aht First Nations. “This project is desperately needed to address the affordable housing challenges facing Indigenous families in the area. This is an opportunity for all of us to work together to make things better for the less fortunate in B.C.”

The project is part of the first series of projects selected to receive funding through the Building BC: Indigenous Housing Fund, a 10-year, $550-million investment to build and operate 1,750 new units of social housing, on- and off-reserve in B.C.

“The City of Colwood is grateful for this investment in our community and pleased to partner with the Province and Aboriginal Land Trust Society on this new housing,” said Rob Martin, mayor, City of Colwood. “This community project will enhance the diversity of housing in Colwood, create local jobs and add new vibrancy to our town centre.”

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users