Food services comings and goings in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
8755 replies to this topic

#6401 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,003 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:24 AM

Robots with cat-like faces are pitching in at two Vancouver Island restaurants to deliver food and drinks to customers at a time when the hospitality sector is desperate for staff.

Customers are enchanted by the devices, which can be programmed to carry out a multitude of tasks. They sing happy birthday — with multi-coloured lights flashing — and will greet customers.

https://www.timescol...ants-1.24360277

#6402 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 September 2021 - 08:47 AM

According to the GoFundMe page set up for him, Chad Rennie, the proprietor of Rain Dogs Wine Bar in Chinatown, was moved into palliative care over the weekend due to COVID.  It is believed that he was unvaccinated (unconfirmed).  Let's hope that he can pull through.  Very sad situation.

#6403 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:16 AM

Unfortunately, he has passed. His wife says he died at 2AM yesterday (Sunday).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6404 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,003 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

they put him on the ECMO, so he was otherwise probably quite healthy (that system is reserved for those that are).

#6405 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:34 AM

Unfortunately, he has passed. His wife says he died at 2AM yesterday (Sunday).

I'd understood same, but didn't want to put that out there as I was unable to corroborate.

#6406 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,676 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:28 PM

Rumours on the street of both Crispy Cream and Mary Browns coming to town. Langford seems to be the most popular local according to rumour person. I pick Colwood as they are the next large retail development with Colwood Corners.
  • todd likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#6407 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:36 PM

^Very good.

Liberty Kitchen is opening soon at Belmont Market. It’s part of the Browns restaurant group: https://victoria.cit...the-west-shore/

• sdwright.vic likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6408 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 12:23 PM

Rumours on the street of both Crispy Cream and Mary Browns coming to town. Langford seems to be the most popular local according to rumour person. I pick Colwood as they are the next large retail development with Colwood Corners.

That would be a good location, as there's lots of Navy folk around there. Mary Brown's is popular with the maritimers as I understand

• sdwright.vic likes this

#6409 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 02:04 PM

^Krispy Kreme near a major canadian military base could be a disaster for canada

#6410 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

A wine and cheese bar will be replacing the former dessert spot on Blanshard just south of Fort:

662DA8C9-410B-4127-835D-D80592884098.jpeg
  • Mike K. and Nparker like this

#6411 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,088 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 02:21 PM

Mosi Bakery is opening location #3 at the old Plowshare location on West Saanich Road.
  • Mike K., Victoria Watcher and Teardrop like this

#6412 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:53 PM

Anyone know offhand if any pub in Victoria is showing Fury Wilder 3 (boxing)? I figure it's not that high demand but I'm interested in watching.

#6413 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 06:17 AM

Call Yates Street Taphouse and ask to speak to Dan. I’d call 2PM-ish, and if he’s not there, ask to speak to a floor manager. There’s a chance they may arrange to show it.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#6414 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 09:49 AM

Yes Yates posted it on their Facebook , no cover charge.
  • Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#6415 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 11:47 AM

Nice!
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#6416 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:15 PM

Apparently Popeye's Chicken's opening is delayed due to exhaust venting issues, i.e. the initial setup was apparently sending odours etc to residential units at Tuscany Village.  They are working on getting this fixed so that they can open soon.

#6417 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:57 PM

Apparently Popeye's Chicken's opening is delayed due to exhaust venting issues, i.e. the initial setup was apparently sending odours etc to residential units at Tuscany Village.  They are working on getting this fixed so that they can open soon.

Probably a good idea. If I had the smell of fried chicken wafting into my apartment i'd be 300 pounds in no time  :banana:

• Mike K., Nparker, Dr. Barillas and 1 other like this

#6418 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:31 PM

Good Afternoon Vibrant Victorians

After a brief hiatus the hosts of Table Nine Podcast are back at it and this show we are joined by Jo Zambri who is a co owner of Zambris and Big Wheel Burger. There have been alot of moving parts in the F&B game over last few years and Jo walks us through the joys and challenges of running a fine dining operation compared to a a fresh food fast model. Hope you enjoy the show. https://bit.ly/3G5lxQY 

• Matt R. likes this
Eric Bramble - http://www.29erradio.com
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#6419 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,003 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:18 AM

Here is one for top VV sleuths:

It's rare to get to purchase a great local business and real estate together. This is a great opportunity to purchase an established, successful, well-branded food manufactory with amazing upside potential. This great local business has been in operation for almost 25 years and has shown a consistent history of profitability. All aspects of the operation are completely documented. The owners run the business with no outside employees, but the work can easily be done by one person working less than full time hours. Their products are sold in grocery stores and specialty stores across BC and into Alberta, with an unrealized opportunity to work with a large distributor to attack the whole Canadian Market. The company has remained profitable through COVID-19, experiencing their most profitable year in 2021 with Sellers Discretionary Earnings of more than $150,000. The business is listed at $400,000 through Chinook Business Advisory Ltd. A new owner also has an option to purchase the real estate associated with the business. The 1360 square foot commercial strata unit with an 800 square foot mezzanine if valued at $650,000. Business and property listed at $1,050,000. NDA Required for more details. Property is not being sold separately at this time. 

https://www.realtor....central-saanich

Central Saanich in the ulr as a hint.

888693_1.jpg

#6420 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,003 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:24 AM

^ the parking on the right here is reserved for Redlen.  (123 - 1763 Sean Heights)

I think I found the complex:

https://www.google.c...!7i16384!8i8192

Could be this:

https://www.rockcoas...kists-rockcoast  (107 - 1753 Sean Heights)

More likely this (seems more like a one-person operation than the candy co.):

https://spicesgourmet.com/about/

Timeline matches:

That’s when Daksha’s Gourmet Spices was born in 1996.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 October 2021 - 07:40 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)