• Please log in to reply
1620 replies to this topic

#81 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 19,908 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

I can't find the video online, but CHEK last night had a clip of a police psychologist talking about the kicking incident. He made a few good points as to why the officer was far out of line.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#82 martini

martini
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0jHeQYraS

This should prove interesting. Richard is a very good lawyer.

#83 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

This should prove interesting. Richard is a very good lawyer.

He handled the Kinloch case (the girl that got $60,000 after being tethered in police cells).

You can also find him involved with a similar case, bottom here:

http://www.bcrevolut...ice_assault.htm

#84 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

Incidents against cops in rural areas notwithstanding, it does seem a lot of urban cops are getting out of control. No one disputes they have a tough job dealing with drunken fools but they are big, strong and trained to deal with the idiots. Dealing with idiots comes with the job specs but lately they are losing it and their stature and moral authority will suffer. The psychos should be rooted out.
To protect and serve, not bully and beat.

#85 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 19,908 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

but lately they are losing it and their stature and moral authority will suffer.

Perhaps why they are now driving around in tanks :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#86 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

This is Monday Mag. I may be mistaken, but have we ever seen them update their website with breaking stories?

Cops on Camera

Posted By: Jason Youmans
03/24/2010 6:02 PM

A bystander has captured video footage of a member of the Victoria Police Department kicking and kneeing two individuals who appear already to have been subdued by officers on the scene and complying with instructions at the time the boots were delivered.

[...]

http://mondaymag.com/

#87 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

This is Monday Mag. I may be mistaken, but have we ever seen them update their website with breaking stories?

[...]

http://mondaymag.com/

There's a lot more information in the Monday Mag than I've seen elsewhere.

#88 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

B Channel has excellent coverage:

http://bchannelnews.tv/?p=4282

Four videos, plus look at all the links on the right...

Look at the video again of the second guy. I'm pretty sure he is saying "I'm fine" as he sits down, like as if he at first thinks they are telling to sit because he might be injured. Then near the end, dark-uniform even does the courtesy of lifting the guys arm away so that yellowjacket can get an extra knee in.

#89 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

I wonder what that young man said when he spoke to a policeman and gestured to the soon to be beaten one.

a fight involving eight males
a victim of an assault laying on the ground being kicked in the head by a suspect
OC Spray in efforts to disperse the crowd which had little effect

I can only shake my head...............a nasty business all around

#90 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Guy gets told to get down on the ground and he does what he's told.
For this he receives a vicious kick to the lumbar area and a few knees for good measure. After bald cop already kicked one guy who was down.
Bald cop is a real tough guy. He'd piss his pants in Oakland.

This one is gonna cost Vic taxpayers some money.

#91 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

I have little sympathy for drunken hooligans really.

#92 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,181 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

I have little sympathy for drunken hooligans really.

I do, too...that is, until cops start unnecessarily tuning them. Why did bald cop tell the kid to get on the ground? Because he told him to **** off, maybe? Not exactly the smartest thing the kid could have done (I know him - he's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer), but not exactly illegal, either.

#93 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

But seriously as a skinny slightly nerdy guy he didn't do anything I wouldn't have always wanted to do.

#94 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

^ slightly nerdy? :D

#95 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 11,532 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

...officer "Pele" ...Not a team player.

"Officer Pele".....that still cracks me up.

#96 martini

martini
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Second man suing Victoria police over kicking incident caught on YouTube video
By Cindy E. Harnett, Times Colonist March 26, 2010
http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0jLwPOCQh

In an interview yesterday, Kang said he didn’t know the group of young men, aged 19 to 27, who apparently had been fighting on Store Street outside Market Square that night. He and his girlfriend had decided to leave a lineup to get into the Social Club when they happened upon the fight. He said he was drawn into the melee when his girlfriend was pushed.

#97 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 11,532 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

Here is an interesting article on "Officer Pele's" actions.

http://www.pacificfr...hers-sting.html

#98 cam

cam
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

When the second guy was crawling, yellowjacket should have simply grabbed his left arm while the other officer had control of his right arm. The crawler would have easily dropped to the ground. There was no need for the kick. In fact, after yellowjacket's kick, the crawler fell down to his left side with his left hand in front of him. Yellowjacket burried his knee into crawler's spine making it virtually impossible for crawler to slip his hand between himself and the ground to place it behind his back.

Yellowjacket then hit crawler in the back again with his knee before crawler had much of a chance to comply and put his left hand behind his back.

If the officers simply grabbed crawlers hands, crawler would have fallen flat on his front and the officers would have had perfect control of his hands.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on how hard those kicks could have been if they were picked up by a tiny camera microphone...

I understand the fact that the officer didn't want to get down low, in a vulnerable position to grab the guys hand. I get that. An alternative, which may have been better, would have been to kick the guys arm out from under him, then put his knee into the back of his neck and pin him to the ground. However, if he kicked out his arm, and broke it, we'd be having this same discussion.

Couldn't agree more. That was a HEAVY kick. I do firmly believe the police had to act on that situation, I don't believe the kick needed to be so hard.

This is a no-win situation for Vic Police. The taxpayers will pay these guys off I'm sure.

I'm especially frustrated that the 1st guy in the video is laying charges. He is CLEARLY not complying with Police, and his girlfriend is right in the mix too. When 2 professionally trained officers have to wrestle you to the ground, you aren't complying.

#99 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

Second man suing Victoria police over kicking incident caught on YouTube video
By Cindy E. Harnett, Times Colonist March 26, 2010
http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0jLwPOCQh

To read that article, you'd think that the police tactic was to pepper-spray everyone on the scene and handcuff everyone once there were down. Then sort it out after. That's not right.

I like how this lawyer Neary works, he's got clients all signed up within hours.

#100 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

A heavy kick on a guy on the ground doing what he was told. He was complying, what more did naziboy want?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users