BC Transit (Victoria Regional Transit System) news and issues

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#6061 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

Took transit in Vancouver this weekend for the first time in a while, and man oh man being able to tap my credit card across the system to pay my fare was a miracle!

Matt.

Yah, it had an immediate effect on the long queues at ticketing booths in the key stations. Next improvements will include pay by phone and a Compass app, I believe.

#6062 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

Does anyone know why month old alerts are showing up lately? There's a pop-up about site maintenance but that seems like a weird side-effect. Why even bother keeping them on the server to be reactivated like this? https://bctransit.co...and-maps/alerts

#6063 BCTransitLTC

BCTransitLTC
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

Three new 35-foot "Vicinity" buses have arrived in the Langford depot. Just spotted them walking to the yard today. 4461, 4462, and 4463. 

These are replacing the old Red/Blue Dennis Dart 35-foot buses. 

Attached Images

• 4461.JPG

• Bernard likes this

#6064 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

Three new 35-foot "Vicinity" buses have arrived in the Langford depot. Just spotted them walking to the yard today. 4461, 4462, and 4463. 

These are replacing the old Red/Blue Dennis Dart 35-foot buses. 

Yeah they are already on the road. Was behind one today on my way home from work

• BCTransitLTC likes this

#6065 Nparker

Nparker
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:59 PM

Three new 35-foot "Vicinity" buses have arrived in the Langford depot. Just spotted them walking to the yard today...

These new buses walk? ;) I suppose if they have to share the new "priority lanes" on Douglas with bicycles, their speed probably won't much exceed walking anyway.

• aastra and Bernard like this

#6066 BCTransitLTC

BCTransitLTC
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

Yeah they are already on the road. Was behind one today on my way home from work

Interesting. Are you sure it wasn't the older one (4400)? 4400 is the same thing, just a few months older and has been making rounds in Victoria area (James Bay mostly) 

#6067 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:40 AM

Interesting. Are you sure it wasn't the older one (4400)? 4400 is the same thing, just a few months older and has been making rounds in Victoria area (James Bay mostly) 

Looked like the one in the picture to me. I remember looking at it and going "Boy that's a new model of bus they are trying out" and thinking at first it was one of those new Fully Electric buses they are supposed to be trying out until I noticed the exhaust pipe going out the top of the back of the bus.

#6068 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 432 posts

Posted Today, 01:33 PM

Did they change the signs for the 31/75? I was on one today and the sign was the usual "31 Royal Oak Exch to 75 Saanichton" but then it changed the number to 75 and said "Butchart Gardens". I didn't see a 30/75, 50/61 or 7/21 to check if those were any different but it was the first time I've seen the sign display 3 different things instead of 2 (I assumed it was limited to 2 and why it didn't say "31 Royal Oak Exch via Glanford to 75 Saanichton" in the first place).

#6069 Bernard

Bernard
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted Today, 01:41 PM

Did they change the signs for the 31/75? I was on one today and the sign was the usual "31 Royal Oak Exch to 75 Saanichton" but then it changed the number to 75 and said "Butchart Gardens". I didn't see a 30/75, 50/61 or 7/21 to check if those were any different but it was the first time I've seen the sign display 3 different things instead of 2 (I assumed it was limited to 2 and why it didn't say "31 Royal Oak Exch via Glanford to 75 Saanichton" in the first place).

This has long been the case for the 75.  It is done because only some runs go to Butchart Gardens.   this is done for the benefit of tourists.   I had to take this bus in the summer of 2014 a lot and when it was the one that was going to Butcharts it was full or tourists

#6070 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 432 posts

Posted Today, 01:49 PM

This has long been the case for the 75.  It is done because only some runs go to Butchart Gardens.   this is done for the benefit of tourists.   I had to take this bus in the summer of 2014 a lot and when it was the one that was going to Butcharts it was full or tourists

the 75 itself does that but I've never seen a 31 that will become a 75 at Royal Oak do it. They usually just say "31 - Royal Oak Exch to 75 Saanichton". It does make sense though as there are still tourists and I doubt many know Buchart Gardens is on the Saanichton bus (might be even more confusing with the 72 saying "via Saanichton")

6 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Coreyburger, Love the rock, seymour201

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.