BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#81 LovingVictoria

LovingVictoria
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Exciting! :)

At what floor level do you think one would need to be, to see the views?

#82 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

since this is the encore does this mean that the whole railyards thing was *supposed* to be done when promontory was finished? what about the rest of it? :P

Edited by amor de cosmos, 09 August 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#83 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Is that image accurate? If so, it would seem that the design will be similar but not identical to Promontory. Which is good, if true.

#84 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:20 PM

Is that image accurate? 

Which image? This one from the Bosa website?

Capture.JPG

This is such a small (and generic) detail it's hard to tell what the finished product it going to look like.

Edited by Nparker, 09 August 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#85 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

Assuming the rendering is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, there are some noteworthy differences in the above Encore rendering.

• The floor to ceiling windows have an opaque glass border along the floor that appears to be about one foot in height (given the slab thickness is just over 9").
  • The west facing brick facade extends to the top regular floor.  On Promontory it extended to the 14th floor.
  • They appear to be reorienting some of their exo-structural columns.  That's brilliant. Compare the new rendering to the as built Promontory and you can see the large white rectangular column appears to have been turned 90 degrees (you can see the column through the window in the rendering).  More windows, less wide concrete columns blocking your view.
  • The top regular floor has the sub-penthouse balcony above it, unlike the 19th floor of Promontory that does not have a balcony above it and has reduced ceiling height due to the extra HVAC ducting they had to provide to keep the unit cool.

These appear to be small tweaks that IMO will make these units better in the new building.  It's an improved Promontory.

14251359631_f7146d94e1_h.jpg

This was the similar Promontory promotional rendering, albeit from a different angle:

promontory-victoria-exterio resized.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 09 August 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#86 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

Are you going to buy into Encore Gary?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#87 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:40 PM

I'll definitely be taking a look.  :)

#88 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

Zip line?

#89 2F2R

2F2R
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

Any idea of when they start digging the hole ... ?

#90 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Exciting! :)

At what floor level do you think one would need to be, to see the views?

Probably good from 6th floor, great from 7th floor, and awesome 8th floor and up....facing the inner harbour that is.

• LovingVictoria likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#91 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

I am about 4 years away from selling the house and moving into the city ... I had narrowed it down to the Oakbay, Fairfield area of where I want to live, but what is happening in Vic-West seems to be pretty exciting.

Any estimates on how long it will take to build out the entire area including the Roundhouse?

#92 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Any estimates on how long it will take to build out the entire area including the Roundhouse?

20 years?

#93 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

I am about 4 years away from selling the house and moving into the city ... I had narrowed it down to the Oakbay, Fairfield area of where I want to live, but what is happening in Vic-West seems to be pretty exciting.

I would say best case scenario would be 10 years.

I didn't buy in at the Promontory because of the uncertainty around the future of the neighborhood. If the Encore gets going and their is finally some action at the Roundhouse, I'll definitely consider Encore.

#94 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

I didn't buy in at the Promontory because of the uncertainty around the future of the neighborhood. If the Encore gets going and their is finally some action at the Roundhouse, I'll definitely consider Encore.

The best pre-sale pricing is typically on launch.  By the time the Encore breaks ground in terms of construction the good stuff will be sold and by the time we get action on the Roundhouse the Encore could be finished.  

#95 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationVictoria

and I would say 10 to 15 years.

#96 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

To live or as an investment?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#97 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

...but what is happening in Vic-West seems to be pretty exciting.

Does the entire area include Dockside Green?

#98 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

To live or as an investment?

To live in. The potential there is amazing. An easy walk downtown so you have all the downtown stuff without *see Padding the Urinal thread*. Waterfront, views, sleek modern highrises, restaurants, stores, parks, a dog park, the Save on Foods and that mall nearby. The way I picture it, it should end up like Victoria's version of False Creek.

Does the entire area include Dockside Green?

Golly gee I hope not. We'd have to pad our estimates by a generation.

#99 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

Well that is my concern ... I would assume their are a lot of potential buyers that are interested in this area of the city, but are waiting to see if/when Roundhouse will get developed.

Will the same developer in Encore be involved in the Lime District or will that be developed by some other group?

My idea situation would be one of the towers in the Lime District to start development in 2 years with a target move in date 2 years after that and by then the Roundhouse development be well underway.

To me this area will offer the best of both worlds ... nice walk-able quite community with easy access to coffee shops, etc while at the same time being close to the downtown.

I just need to get the wife to give up on this idea of continuing to own a detached home and embrace condo living.

#100 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

I popped over to the Sales office across from Promontory and noticed some construction work going on inside the display suite area ... I assume they are getting ready for the Sales launch on Encore

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users