Photo

Victoria gas prices | Victoria utility prices

• Please log in to reply
2164 replies to this topic

#1741 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:17 PM

I'm looking to replace our aging minivan in our one-vehicle family and might have to go to two. I currently ride my bike most days and it maximizes my smugness quotient while annoying only a modest portion of the population, let's call them the anti-bike people. With a vehicle at my disposal I'm interested in annoying more people. I have been looking at those PHEV Jeep Wranglers, which are promising. I can annoy the Corey Burgers (not so much cyclists as much as fake Marxists, in that he once called me a member of 'the homeowner class' and then proceeded to buy a home a few months later), the traditionalists, the cyclists, the purists, the environmentalists, the car huggers...can anyone suggest a more offensive vehicle? I'm all ears.

• Mike K., rjag, sebberry and 1 other like this

#1742 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:24 PM

^ can I get the rubber chicken back?

Nobody can have the rubber chicken back after.... 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1743 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:25 PM

I'm looking to replace our aging minivan in our one-vehicle family and might have to go to two. I currently ride my bike most days and it maximizes my smugness quotient while annoying only a modest portion of the population, let's call them the anti-bike people. With a vehicle at my disposal I'm interested in annoying more people. I have been looking at those PHEV Jeep Wranglers, which are promising. I can annoy the Corey Burgers (not so much cyclists as much as fake Marxists, in that he once called me a member of 'the homeowner class' and then proceeded to buy a home a few months later), the traditionalists, the cyclists, the purists, the environmentalists, the car huggers...can anyone suggest a more offensive vehicle? I'm all ears.

:D

The electric Hummer should be top of list.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1744 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:37 PM

Yeah that's a good one.

#1745 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:49 PM

The electric hummer--that's what Victoria Watcher called his vacuum cleaner trick, damn him.

• sebberry, vortoozo, punk cannonballer and 2 others like this

#1746 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 04:42 PM

would now be  a bad time to mention that i haven't been to a gas station since december of 2017  ;-)

• vortoozo likes this

#1747 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:58 PM

^no car wash, junk food, air, vacuum, etc?

#1748 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 07 July 2021 - 10:09 PM

I just ordered the new Ford Maverick hybrid while I wait for the F150 Lightning. Whats not to love, for $35k fully loaded 40mpg, hybrid, 4 dr plus a 4.5' box that extends to just under 6'. Should be here around January to replace my 16 year old GX470... the anti car crowd are going to have a hard time dissing a truck that gets better mileage than a Civic 

Attached Images

• Ford-Maverick_2L-EcoBoost-AWD_Lariat_10.jpg

Edited by rjag, 07 July 2021 - 10:12 PM.

• Lorenzo and max.bravo like this

#1749 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 10:19 PM

^no car wash, junk food, air, vacuum, etc?

no car wash    -   i have a hose and bucket

junk food         -   potato chips ath thrifty foods

air                   -   who doesn't have a compressor?

vacuum          -    who doesn't have a shop-vac?

• rjag and todd like this

#1750 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 06:42 AM

You have lots of time to hose and bucket wash the exterior, air compressor your tires and shop-vac the interior everyday from home while it charges so you can go get that bag of chips.

🤗
  • todd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1751 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:47 AM

no car wash    -   i have a hose and bucket

junk food         -   potato chips ath thrifty foods

air                   -   who doesn't have a compressor?

vacuum          -    who doesn't have a shop-vac?

I like to use the car wash, air and vacuum at the gas station save my neighbours the noise. 

Edited by todd, 08 July 2021 - 10:56 AM.

#1752 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 11:05 AM

I just ordered the new Ford Maverick hybrid while I wait for the F150 Lightning. Whats not to love, for $35k fully loaded 40mpg, hybrid, 4 dr plus a 4.5' box that extends to just under 6'. Should be here around January to replace my 16 year old GX470... the anti car crowd are going to have a hard time dissing a truck that gets better mileage than a Civic 

I was looking at those but frustrating that the 4x4 is not available in the hybrid. 

• rjag likes this

#1753 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 08 July 2021 - 11:09 AM

Saw these earlier. That is a great looking ride and probably quite functional if you don't need a full or mid sizer. Has that price been firmly established?

#1754 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:16 PM

Saw these earlier. That is a great looking ride and probably quite functional if you don't need a full or mid sizer. Has that price been firmly established?

yup have the bill of sale on hand. 

I was looking at those but frustrating that the 4x4 is not available in the hybrid. 

I think we will see multiple iterations of this model including a full EV within 2 years. I think it will be very popular with its utility

• punk cannonballer likes this

#1755 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:23 PM

Does it share the same guts as the Bronco?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1756 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 04:27 PM

Does it share the same guts as the Bronco?

Yup same platform as the bronco sport

The Ford Maverick Is A Bronco Sport-Based Pickup That Isn't Needlessly Huge (carthrottle.com)

• Mike K. likes this

#1757 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:17 AM

If they could manage to make a fully electric 4x4 Maverick they'd sell a gagillion of them. 

• rjag likes this

#1758 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:21 AM

They probably would, even at $50k.

The cYbErTRucK just looks stupider and stupider by the day, as normal looking pick-ups start entering the field that don’t require people to look like doomsday Mad Max characters just to haul some firewood.
  • Matt R. and punk cannonballer like this

Know it all.

#1759 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:30 AM

Yeah I was on the Cybertruck preorder list thinking that it was going to get less crazy, but it didn't. I'm not so much concerned about the design as the size; it's just too big. Most appealing for me is the Rivian RS1, but I can't bear to spend $100k on a vehicle that will be available for half in a few years. I don't hard-core off-road but I do some steelheading from time to time and there are some gnarly spots to get through on occasion. I just want something that can get me to and from mid-island without charging, carry my family, get through some washouts on occasion and isn't 6m long or $100k. Doesn't seem a tall order. 

• Mike K. and rjag like this

#1760 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:03 PM

Maverick seems like a really good deal now that the Ridgeline has jacked up their prices to over 45k. Last year my father bought a 2020 Ridgeline Sport $42,930 - $6,000 discoutns - $1,000 loyalty = $35,930. I thought that was a great deal for what you get in terms of equipment, engine, 4x4. 

Edited by MarkoJ, 09 July 2021 - 01:04 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users