Victoria Skyride is proposing a gondola between the Ogden Point cruise ship terminal and one of two terminus points along the James Bay side of the Inner Harbour.
Local Headline Newsroll
Downtown Victoria’s Roth Site redevelopment plan attracts criticism over “suburban” pedestrian realm
Douglas Street frontage of a 300,000 sq. ft. office development criticized for being inappropriate for an urban street corner.
Historic Janion Hotel to be returned to it’s former glory as council approves 110-unit micro-loft project that also includes a new seven storey building.
After nearly 140 years of transient accommodation Dalton Hotel will be turned into 104 unit rental building.
Work on the partially excavated pit left behind by the failed Radius project kitty-corner to the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre may soon begin.
175 units of rental housing split between two towers in the 1000-blocks of Johnson and Pandora have received partial municipal approval.
Never-before-seen Roth Site redevelopment concept models indicate a highrise and lowrise component for major downtown development.
View the most recent population estimate for the Victoria Metropolitan Area in a graphical format.
After nearly 50 years as an independent family-operated hotel the Executive House will join the ranks of the Hilton brand.
Residential construction activity in downtown Victoria and peripheral neighbourhoods reflects a penchant for urban homes.
Project developer League Financial Partners says loan documentation and paperwork a current priority over construction.
Developer Dave Chard’s fifth Victoria project gives buyers lots of unit designs to choose from, a great location and decent value for the money.
Vibrant DiscussionsSome of the popular topics being discussed by Victorians on the VibrantVictoria discussion forum.
• The Promontory project in Vic West will become the City of Victoria's tallest building.
• The VPH is slated for redevelopment and its infamous tenant, Monty's Showroom, will close.
• James Bay's newest condo development in the 600-block of Michigan Street.
• $1-billion rapid transit plan for Victoria.
• The latest news and technical discussions of the Johnson Street Bridge replacement project.
• Retail operations coming, going and changing across the region.
• Crime stories and breaking news.
Visit the forum to view all discussions.